|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
The game is a side scrolling Shoot 'em up game, with elements of a Japanese "bullet hell". According to the opening crawl, Dr. Dank has hijacked all cargo spaceships from the Ecuadorian 5 quadrant and used his "transmorgification" gun to turn bananas evil, and it's Space Monkey's job to stop him. There are 5 stages, each with its own boss. Each stage is full of powerups that offer both different gun types and abilities such as a shield or a nuke to kill all enemies on screen.
- Ocyans Belt: Large banana with a mustache and monocle. Shoots with what appears to be a tommy gun. Launches Cherry Bombs at the player.
- The Pink Ring: Banana dressed in a classic military outfit. "Yella" is written on his helmet, where he also holds a pack of Redwood Cigarettes. Launches small missiles from his gun at the player until he reaches half of his health, then which a Chestburster banana comes out of his chests and attacks the player.
- Yellow Clam: Elderly banana with a pearl necklace. Attempts to block shots from the player with bursts of light. Her toupee can detach from her head and attack the player itself.
- Doughball: A cracked piece of bread. Each piece of the bread detach, revealing a large banana slice underneath. The pieces of bread attempt to converge on the player. The pieces of bread can gradually be destroyed, leaving the banana slice unprotected.
- Thats No Banana:The player must fight each previous boss over again in this stage before approaching Dr. Dank himself. Dr. Dank controls a large ship consisting of multiple bananas. A detachable minigun will occasionally float around the edge of the stage and shoot at the player before reattaching to the ship.