There are eight possible SMS message lists, each containing five models from a pool of twenty. The player can choose which model to use to fulfill that request.
The text list is personalized to each player in the Free Mode lobby so another player stealing a car on the players list will not trigger the subsequent steps of the job unless they have the vehicle on their own list. It is also possible multiple players will have different lists concurrently.
Switching sessions will usually result in a new list being generated.
Once a car is located to fulfill the request, the player will receive two wanted stars and will need to lose them.
If another player has (cooperatively) stolen a required model and the player gets into the passenger seat, an incorrect message will appear.
If the other player vacates the drivers' seat and hands the vehicle over, the car will be immediately able to be taken to be resprayed with no wanted level attracted.
After the wanted level has been lost, the player is instructed to respray the car.
Delivering a damaged vehicle to the garage will result in disparaging remarks from the unseen NPC receiving the vehicle.
As the delivery of a single car to the garage will complete the job, it is not possible to deliver more than one vehicle from each list. Moments after exiting the garage, the player is paid in cash, rewarded 500 RP and will receive a thank-you SMS message from Simeon.
- — Simeon
The vehicles on the list and process for respraying will differ depending on the version of the game the player is using.
Enhanced Version (PC, PlayStation 4, XBox One)
|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
The GTA Online: Los Santos Summer Special update (v1.51) in August 2020 changed both the vehicle lists and the respray process. Prior to this, the lists and process were the same as shown below for the previous version of the game.
The lists only contain one or two cars that are normally able to be kept, and higher value vehicles that are normally "too hot" to take into Los Santos Customs are now included, but these can still not be kept as Personal Vehicles.
|List||In SMS list order|
Upon taking a vehicle to respray, players are required to repair any damage, however any repair costs incurred will be reimbursed on successful delivery. Players are then only given the option to respray the vehicle and the respray cost is free, no matter what paint options are selected.
Successful delivery is rewarded with a cash payment of 15% of the retail value of the vehicle up to a maximum limit of $20,000, plus reimbursement for any repair costs incurred at Los Santos Customs prior to getting the vehicle resprayed, less any damage incurred between Los Santos Customs and the garage at Terminal. If additional (co-operative) players who have an active list containing the same model vehicle are in the vehicle when it is delivered, the payout will be split evenly between each occupant and their lists will be deemed completed.
Some of the vehicles may be found in pre-modified form (e.g. Surano, Comet, Infernus and Super Diamond. Note: The pre-modified Dubsta2 does not count as a Dubsta for the order), and these pre-modified examples can now be taken into Los Santos Customs to be resprayed and exported. However, the pre-modified Comet and Surano do not pay any more than a stock version, and the stock Infernus and Super Diamond both already exceed the $20,000 limit.
|Vehicle||"Retail" Value||Normal LSC
|Super Diamond||$250,000||Too Hot||$20,000|
Original Version (PlayStation 3, XBox 360)
|This article or section refers to content that is no longer available in
the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC "Enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto Online
This list and process was removed from the Enhanced Version in the GTA Online: Los Santos Summer Special update in August 2020 and replaced by the list above. It still applies to the original version of the game on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
Most of the vehicles will be able to be found driving around in traffic but a few of the less common (e.g. the Tailgater and Bagger) will be more commonly found parked in one of the specific spawn points used by the High Priority Vehicle job described below. The player can not use a Personal Vehicle (i.e. one fitted with a tracker) to fulfill a Simeon order, however a requested vehicle can be kept as a Personal Vehicle by taking it into the player's own garage instead of delivering it. Prior to title updates adding some of rarely spawning vehicles to the websites for purchase, Simeon's list was the only method to obtain vehicles like the Tailgater as a Personal Vehicle.
|List||Highest value to lowest|
Any damage incurred prior to the respray will have to be repaired but will be reimbursed to the player on delivery.
Players only need to respray the primary color. There is no need to respray a secondary color if the vehicle has that option. Modifying parts or performance of the vehicle at LSC will not result in an increased payout over the amount spent and will normally result in a net loss. Expensive paint will not return more than the cheapest paint, so players should spend no more than $780 (excluding any initial repair costs). The value does not increase if the stolen vehicle was pre-modified (e.g. gang variant Buccaneer, and two pre-modified vehicles: Dominator and Sentinel XS) when that model is requested.
During Free Mode sessions, occasionally all players will be advised that there is a special "High Priority" vehicle wanted at the import/export dock.
The vehicle will be one from the same list of possible import/export vehicles above. This vehicle will be parked in one of 10 specific spawn spots:
- The parking lot at the Observatory
- The parking lot at Los Santos Golf Club
- Fleeca Bank carpark in Chumash, on the east side of the Great Ocean Highway
- Del Perro Pier parking lot
- Vespucci Beach tennis court parking lot
- Maze Bank Arena upper car park
- Boulevard Del Perro at the street car park near Bob Mulét in Rockford Hills.
- Parking lot on Vespucci Boulevard west of the Maze Bank Tower behind the Alta Street apartments.
- Northern parking lot at Vinewood Racetrack
- Puerto Del Sol Carpark
The spot will be marked on every player's map with a green vehicle shaped icon and will be able to be selected on the player's GPS.
The process of retrieval, police evasion, respray and delivery of the High Priority Vehicle follows exactly the same as the normal export vehicles.
However, whenever any player enters the vehicle, every other online player in the session will receive a notification message advising them that the player has taken the High Priority Export vehicle. The green icon continues to display on every players' map until it is successfully delivered. As a result, every player is able to compete for the delivery of the vehicle to the garage.
A High Priority vehicle attracts a higher premium than if it were found on the normal export list, which in turn commands a higher premium than the price offered at Los Santos Customs.
Unlike the normal export list vehicles, the High Priority Export vehicles are unable to be kept by the player as a personal vehicle.
10% of Retail
15% of Retail
20% of Retail
- Prior to the Valentine's Day Massacre Special update, a bug existed whereby exiting an owned garage with a Personal Vehicle that was a model on the player's current Simeon text list would result in 2 wanted stars, despite Simeon always refusing to accept Personal Vehicles.
- In the Enhanced version after the Freemode Events Update, it is possible to have an active list without receiving Simeon's text message. Stealing a list car will generate a two star wanted level without any on-screen prompts. Respraying the car will generate the target location icon, but the player will still not receive any prompts. Delivering the vehicle rewards the player normally, and Simeon's request message may appear shortly afterward, but will not be able to be completed again in that Free Mode session.
- If there is an activity such as a VIP job, Freemode activity, or Business Battle active when you leave LSC, the instruction to deliver the car to the docks will not trigger, and even if the player does drive down to the delivery garage, the door will not open. The best thing to do is wait for the activity to end, at which the instruction should appear. Players may want to enable Passive Mode while they wait, to avoid possibly losing the car due to being attacked by other players.
- Much like when delivering vehicle cargo for the Import Export business, traffic AI has a higher chance to behave erratically if the player is driving a Simeon requested vehicle, particularly after respraying and in transit to the Terminal garage. Evidence would indicate that this is scripted by design to increase difficulty, rather than being a bug.