The players are put into one of two teams. A team of Hold Outs and a team of Attackers. The Hold Outs team's objective is to survive four real-time minutes whilst staying in one location. The Attackers' objective is to kill all of the Hold Outs.
The Attackers have unlimited lives, whilst the Hold Outs have one life each. If the Attackers manage to kill all the Hold Outs, the Attackers win the round. If the Attackers fail to kill all the Hold Outs in four minutes, the Hold Outs win the round.
During these missions, the Attackers are armed solely with Sawed-Off Shotguns, whilst the Hold Outs have many powerful weapons at their disposal. If a Hold Out leaves the location of the mission, they will be disqualified from the round.
There are six Siege Mentality mission in Grand Theft Auto Online, each one at a different location. These are:
|Siege Mentality I takes place at the Liquor Ace store, Sandy Shores.|
|Siege Mentality II takes place at the O'Neil Ranch, Grapeseed.|
|Siege Mentality III takes place on the Daisy Lee, Terminal.|
|Siege Mentality IV takes place on a Multistorey car park in Pillbox Hill.|
|Siege Mentality V takes place on the La Puerta Apartments construction site.|
|Siege Mentality VI takes place on the Chumash Historic Family Pier.|
- Siege Mentality is a phrase that relates to the state of mind when one believes that they are being constantly attacked, oppressed, or isolated by the rest of the world.
- Siege Mentality I on Social Club
- Siege Mentality II on Social Club
- Siege Mentality III on Social Club
- Siege Mentality IV on Social Club
- Siege Mentality V on Social Club
- Siege Mentality VI on Social Club