|For the mission of the same name in GTA: Vice City, see Shakedown (GTA VC).|
- Marty: "A business associate of mine is having trouble with some idiots that need to be set straight."
- Vic: "What business are you in?"
- Marty: "I look after people and they look after me. Some times I have to remind them of their obligations if they don't..."
- — Marty Jay Williams tells Victor Vance about his business
Shakedown is the first mission in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories given to protagonist Victor Vance by Marty Jay Williams, leader of the Trailer Park Mafia, from his trailer in Little Havana, Vice City.
Victor arrives at the trailer park in Little Havana looking for Marty. However, Marty is not around and Victor finds his wife, Louise, and their daughter in Marty's trailer. Marty arrives a few moments later and initially orders Vic to leave, before getting out of his truck and verbally abusing Louise before threatening her and their daughter with violence. Victor eventually manages to introduce himself, and he leaves with Marty to help him take care of business matters.
Victor drives Marty to a Mal Viento store in Little Havana and dispatches of the four Cholo gang members at the store. Marty decides to put the stores protection rate up before driving to Verdi, a Cholo-protected store. Victor and Marty persuade the store clerk to pay protection after destroying his stock and killing four Cholo gang members. Marty congratulates Victor and says he may have more work for him.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Head over to the shop
- Take out the goons hanging outside the shop
- Enter the shop
- Stop the goons smashing up the shop
- Get to the Cholos' store
- Smash up the shop's stock to scare the owner
- Kill the Cholo protecting the store
The reward for passing the mission is $500 and the mission Fear the Repo is unlocked.
After hitting the first store, the tailgate of the Bobcat will be open. This is most likely just a glitch.