|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- “Use the Strombergs to destroy a convoy before heading underwater to scan the submarine.”
- — Brief.
The crew is instructed by Lester to get into their Strombergs and start the recon mission on the Russian submarine, but before, they have another objective to do. The crew splits into two teams: the Paleto Bay team and the Paleto Cove team.
Once the convoy is destroyed, the crew heads to Paleto Bay while avoiding enemies in Nightshark SUVs, but Lester informs he detected a network of sea mines around the vessel. Here, the team splits into two areas:
- Paleto Bay
The Paleto Bay team heads to the beach in Paleto Bay, gets in the ocean with their Strombergs and destroy ten mines with the torpedoes. Once all mines are destroyed, they are then instructed by Avon to scan the wreckage of a spy plane they lost the other day, so they can determine which weapon they used. A red scanning projection comes from the front end of the Strombergs to indicate it is scanning. The team scans three different points of the wreckage.
- Paleto Cove
The Paleto Bay team heads to the beach in Paleto Cove, gets in the ocean with their Strombergs and destroy ten mines with the torpedoes. Lester informs that he sent an acoustic signal to the submarine so they should not be detected on their screens. Once all mines are destroyed, they are then instructed by Lester to scan the submarine. Again, a red scanning projection comes from the front end of the Strombergs to indicate it is scanning. The team scans three different points of the submarine.
Once the scanning is done, Lester warns that the submarine is producing a counter signal, so the team has to leave the submarine as quick as possible.
Once both teams gathered the necessary data, the crew gets on land and deliver the Strombergs to the drop-off point in the parking lot of the Paleto Bay Ammu-Nation to complete the mission.
- Get into a Stromberg.
- Wait for your team to get into the Stromberg.
- Go to North Chumash.
- Destroy the convoy.
- Paleto Bay Team
- Go to Paleto Bay.
- Destroy the sea mines.
- Scan the wreckage.
- Stay close to the wreckage while scanning.
- Paleto Cove Team
- Go to Paleto Cove.
- Destroy the sea mines.
- Scan the submarine.
- Stay close to the submarine while scanning.
- Leave the submarine.
- Wait for your team to leave.
- All players
- Deliver the Stromberg to the drop off.
- Wait for your team to deliver their Stromberg.
- The Strombergs parked in the drop-off location may get destroyed as if they were stuck, thus failing the mission. It is possible to avoid this glitch by constantly moving the car (i.e. cruising around the area) and deliver the cars at the same time with the rest of the group.