- "The Sindaccos have gone to war with The Forellis and I'm stuck here in the middle of a hit!"
- — Salvatore Leone
Search and Rescue is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by Salvatore Leone from a public phone in the Torrington district of Staunton Island, Liberty City.
Toni answers the public phone in Torrington, with Salvatore explaining that whilst he was spying on the Forellis in Fort Staunton, explaining the gang war between the Forellis and Sindaccos, then the Forellis caught him and he's now in the middle of the gunfight with them. Toni, by Salvatore's instructions, drives to the multistory carpark in Newport to pick up a bullet proof limo and drives to Fort Staunton. He exits the limo and kills numerous Forelli family members, before finding Salvatore. The pair escape, killing more Forelli family gang members. Toni drives the bulletproof limousine back to Salvatore's place in Newport.
Post-Mission Phone Call
Toni Cipriani: Yep?
Salvatore Leone: Toni? It's Sal. Get to the public phone booth at Liberty Campus. This is important.
- In the PSP version, it is possible to obtain the bullet-proof Stretch by driving to the safe house garage instead of Salvatore's. Then blow the Stretch up in the garage with a grenade or a rocket launcher. This will lead to failure of the mission.
- In the PS2 and Mobile version, blowing up the Stretch in the garage will instantly make the wreck disappear. The only way to obtain this car is to drive it into a body of water and then get out, causing the mission to fail.
- If Salvatore is killed, his body will have a regular Pedestrians charateristic (His body will stay in place for about 2-3 minutes before disappearing).
- In the PSP and PS2 versions, Salvatore and the Forellies are armed with Micro-SMGs during the first cutscene, but in the Mobile version, they are armed with Pistols.