- "Manufacturer of unreliable mid-range cars that lose half their value in the first year through depreciation and the other half through repair costs. Owned by Germans, bailed out by Americans."
- ― Description at Bawsaq.com.
Schyster (BAWSAQ: SHT) is an American automaker of mid-range vehicles in the HD Universe of Grand Theft Auto and is based on Chrysler. The player can buy stocks from them at the Bawsaq.com website in Grand Theft Auto V.
The emblem appears to resemble a Plymouth badge; Plymouth was a former brand marketed by Chrysler. The logo appears to feature a circular saw-blade, perhaps an allusion to Schyster sounding similar to "scythe". The name seems to be a reference to the word shyster, which means a person - especially a lawyer - acting unprofessionally or unethically. The Minivan shares the design with the Cabby, despite the Minivan being manufactured by Vapid.
|Image||Vehicle||Style||Based on (HD Universe)||Notes|
The Cabby in Grand Theft Auto IV.
|Cabby||Public service minivan||2001—2004 Chrysler Voyager / Town & Country||Based on the Minivan (manufactured by Vapid).|
The Deviant in Grand Theft Auto Online.
|Deviant||Muscle car||Ringbrothers Defiant 1972 Javelin AMX.||Added with the Arena War update for Grand Theft Auto Online.|
The Fusilade in Grand Theft Auto V.
|Fusilade||Two-door coupe||2004—2008 Chrysler Crossfire|
The PMP 600 in Grand Theft Auto IV.
|PMP 600||Sports sedan||2005—2010 Chrysler 300C|
- Schyster's name may be a reference to the German word "Scheiße (Scheisse)", meaning shit.
- This is further backed by the fact that Schyster's BAWSAQ code is SHT.
- Schyster is defined as someone who is professionally unscrupulious according ot Merriam.
- The term "Owned by Germans, bailed out by Americans." in the BAWSAQ description refers to the fact that Daimler sold Chrysler in 2007 in real life.