— GTA IV Website
The station is hosted by Daddy Yankee in GTA IV and Henry Santos in EFLC. Yankee is a pioneering Reggaeton artist, who was one of the founders of Reggaeton in Puerto Rico in the early 1990s. Henry Santos is a member of the Bachata group Aventura.
Each stand alone game has an exclusive tracklist, but downloading The Ballad of Gay Tony for Grand Theft Auto IV updates the station with all songs. The station is sponsored by the Mas Fuego energy drink, and plays Spanish versions of Excelsior Extreme 9, The Horn Deodorant and Whiz Wireless commercials. The radio station is possibly based on X96.3 in New York.
In the EFLC rendition, the station plays in a continuous loop and contains no commercials.
This is Luis Fernando Lopez's favourite radio station.
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
- In EFLC, this radio station replaces IF99 - International Funk as the station playing inside the South Bohan Safehouse.
- The station plays inside Luis' Apartment.
- "Impacto" by Daddy Yankee plays during the Escuela of the Streets mission cutscene.
- "Ven Báilalo" by Angel y Khriz is featured in Manny Escuela's character trailer.
Grand Theft Auto IV
Episodes from Liberty City
- The station is named after the city of San Juan, the capital of Puerto Rico, where Reggaeton music originated in the early 1990s before its mainstream success in the United States in the mid-2000s.
- General_04 in the General soundbank of "Radio_San_Juan_Sounds" has Daddy Yankee mention San Juan Sounds is broadcasted in Vice City as well as Puerto Rico.
- Radio Espantoso, a radio station featured in GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories that plays Latin Jazz, Cuban Son and Salsa.
- East Los FM - a radio station in GTA V which also plays Latin American and Mexican music.
- MOTOMAMI Los Santos - a mixed genre radio station in GTA Online which also plays bachata and reggaeton and other songs by Daddy Yankee and Aventura.