Coast Guard officers appear in Grand Theft Auto V. They are found patrolling around the coastal areas in Predators. Two to four officers can appear at a time in the boat. They are most commonly found around the Los Santos International Airport and regularly between Cape Catfish and El Gordo Lighthouse.
Engaging the personnel will incur a two-star wanted level. Killing one will escalate this to three stars. When wanted, the coast guard will announce themselves over loudspeak in an identical manner to regular police cars. They will often exclaim things like "stop the boat" and "exit the boat".
Coast guard do not appear in regular patrols in GTA Online, except for in scripted missions. They will however spawn when the player is wanted and is either in the water or in a boat. The Stromberg, Oppressor Mk II and Deluxo do not trigger their spawn when in or hovering over water, however.
The uniform worn by patrolling officers is a navy blue shirt and trousers, waterproof boots and a high-vis orange, white and silver life jacket, with an American flag displayed on the right breast. On the back of the life jacket, it says "COAST GUARD". In the original version on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, the life jacket has a Coast Guard emblem on the left breast, however in the enhanced version of the game, this is replaced by the Los Santos Lifeguard emblem.
They are also occasionally seen wearing sunglasses.
Predators that spawn after a player already has a wanted level will be manned by standard uniformed LSPD officers without the Coast Guard life jackets.
- Los Santos Police Department - Local police department serving Los Santos.
- Los Santos Lifeguard - A lifeguard agency serving the coastal areas and beaches of Los Santos.
- The Port Authority of Los Santos - Law enforcement protecting ports of Los Santos.
- San Andreas Coast Guard (3D Universe) - 3D Universe counterpart.
- Law Enforcement Agencies in HD Universe - All law enforcement agencies(in HD).
- National Coast Guard: Tula "Coast Guard" livery
- As implied by the "US COASTGUARD" texture on the cap of Coast Guards.