- "I'm a Rusty Brown donut eating gangsta!"
- ―Street Criminal pedestrian in GTA San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Rusty Brown's was first mentioned in an advertisement on the radio stations Flash FM and Fever 105. True to Rockstar's humor, people in the ad have very sexually suggestive opinions of their donuts (i.e. "I like to lick lovingly around the outside and then thrust my tongue in the middle."; "I just love the batter. All over my face."). Obviously, the commercial is all about oral sex, especially anilingus, given that "Rusty Brown Ring" is a slang for anus, then ATM (Ass to Mouth).
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Rusty Brown's has no physical presence as a business outlet in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. However, examination of internal files suggests that the brand name was to be used for a cut chain of donut stores around San Andreas; CJ could eat donuts, but this was removed in the final version, rendering the interior of the restaurant inaccessible during normal gameplay. A possible reason is that the real-life Dunkin' Donuts (the chain Rusty Brown's is parodying) had no presence on the West Coast in the 1990s.
A shared interior of the outlet, which is featured in cutscenes in early missions with Frank Tenpenny, exists but is only accessible via the Hidden Interiors Universe. In addition, textures and models for donuts on trays (in a similar fashion as fast food trays for Cluckin' Bell, Burger Shot and Well Stacked Pizza) also exist in internal files.
Some Los Santos street criminals can be heard saying "I'm a Rusty Brown doughnut eating gangsta!". Also, a pedestrian will sometimes comment "Have you ever gone to Rusty Brown's?". Both of these quotes indicate that Rusty Brown's was to play a larger role in the game, and they might have been left in the game by accident.
Additionally, in Colonel Fuhrberger's kitchen, there is a leaflet for Rusty Brown's Ring Donuts on the table, indicating that it could have been featured in the game. This can also be seen in the Johnson House.
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Rusty Brown's appears in GTA Liberty City Stories at a diner Callahan Point, Portland Island, Liberty City (circa 1998) where Greasy Joe's Café would be in Grand Theft Auto Advance and Grand Theft Auto III (set in 2000 and 2001, respectively). A Police Car and a Mule can be found in the parking lot.
It is also likely to be Liberty City Bikers turf, as referenced in a mission where Toni has to find a cure for the overdosed Maria Latore, who thinks she left the cure, which was called "zap", near there. They find no zap there, and they also find the enraged biker gang, because Toni and Maria were behind the killing of their leader, Cedric "Wayne" Fotheringay. The bikers then give chase to the pair.
Grand Theft Auto IV
The business is over 50 years old. It has expanded into the Internet, selling donuts online, and recently opened the franchise in East Asia. Its main site is at www.rustybrownsringdonuts.com. Rusty Brown's has a theme for the cell phone at www.vipluxuryringtones.com. The company proudly sponsors the LCPD.
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
Grand Theft Auto V
A Rusty Brown's outlet is located on Vespucci Boulevard just around the corner from the Mission Row Police Station and next to the Ground & Pound Café, (reinforcing a police stereotype of coffee and donuts). In the first trailer, the location had signage textures indicating it was the Glory Holes Bakery.
Rusty Brown's advertises the new Red Ring of Death donut on their Bleeter. Many Rusty Brown's Ring Donuts ads can be found throughout Los Santos. Additionally a sign for Rusty Brown's Ring Donuts (as well as an Up-n-Atom sign and store) can be found across the street from Bishop's WTF?!. Rusty Brown's also sells their doughnuts in 24/7 and Limited Service stores.
- Double Choc Whammy
- Red Ring of Death
GTA San Andreas
GTA Liberty City Stories
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto V
- On the Rusty Brown pamphlet, it says "Ring Lickin' Good". This could be a reference to KFC's famous slogan "Finger Lickin' Good".
- The Red Ring of Death doughnut is a reference to the infamous Red Ring of Death that rendered many Xbox 360s broken.
- The Rusty Brown's location in GTA San Andreas seems to of had a different appearance originally, considering the over-lapped ground texture the exterior sits on, and the empty space between it and other stores.
- If the player manages to enter the interior of the Rusty Brown's Ring Donuts, there will be a fire extinguisher inside the interior, and Carl can pick it up.
- In GTA IV Multiplayer, when cops are turned on, one of the insults the player's controlling character may say to a cop is "Don't you have a Rusty Brown Ring to tongue?", referring to the company's sponsorship of the LCPD. The insult, of course in keeping with Rockstar's crude adult sex themed humor, it's a reference to rimjobs.
- In The Lost and Damned mission Roman's Holiday, Malc belittles Roman by stating he'd get into the car (in which he and Johnny Klebitz were kidnapping him in) faster if there were some Rusty Brown's Ring Donuts inside.