They are dressed in a brown shirt with cream pants and a sheriff's hat and badge as pictured to the right and below. They are armed with a 9mm pistol and a Nightstick, and sometimes may be armed with a Pump Action Shotgun on higher level. The game's files include a rural police officer with a beige shirt that matches the LVPD uniform. This, however, was cut from the game for an unknown reason but was presumed to be the Bone County equivalent of the rural police. Its unknown if they are just one department or up to 4 sheriffs departments. Although, it is possible that it is the state police department.
The Ranger is the rural police's main vehicle. It is a modified Rancher equipped with lights and sirens (as well as a new paint job) and very good off-road handling and speed. This vehicle is primarily used for off road work so it is typical that it operates in the rural areas. They may also use the Predator in rural rivers and coasts.
- Dillimore Sheriff Station: Serving Red County area (Accessible)
- El Quebrados Sheriff Station: Serving Tierra Robada area (Where CJ can meet Barbara)
- Fort Carson Sheriff Station: Serving Bone County area
- Angel Pine Sheriff Station: Serving Whetstone and Flint County area
- The beige rural officer, was meant to be used in the desert, however he was cut, his skin is still in the game files, and can be used with skin mods.
- The patches worn by the officers is similar to, if not identical to, those worn by members of the SFPD.
- San Andreas Police Department
- Los Santos Police Department
- San Fierro Police Department
- Las Venturas Police Department
- San Andreas Coast Guard