- "Playground for the rich and famous - and for fat Midwestern tourists to come and gawp at the rich and famous on bus tours -- Rockford Hills has the highest concentration of silicone and new-money douchebags in bad marriages trying to spend their way to happiness in Los Santos."
- ―GTA V digital manual.
- 1 Description
- 2 Influence
- 3 Events of Grand Theft Auto V
- 4 Prominent Appearances in Missions
- 5 Notable Residents
- 6 Transport
- 7 Places of Interest
- 8 Businesses
- 9 Roads and Streets
- 10 Collectibles/Pickups
- 11 Gallery
- 12 Trivia
- 13 See Also
- 14 Navigation
Rockford Hills can be divided into two sections: northern end and southern end. The northern end consists of mostly residential homes and a small street with fancy restaurants. The southern end is dedicated to shopping and is also where Portola Drive is located. The Rockford Hills City Hall is located at the centre, just across the street from Mount Zonah Medical Center. The fire station and police station are situated here as well. In the east, the Rockford Plaza serves as the shopping centre to obtain overpriced clothing.
The district contains many high-end mansions, most of them built using Spanish-style architecture, a common styling for mansions in real-life Beverly Hills. Almost all of the mansions in Rockford Hills have a gate, a swimming pool, and a tennis court.
The district is based on Beverly Hills, California for its mansions and luxury lifestyle, with elements from Century City. Rockford Hills also contains many corporate buildings and retail outlets that are based on real life buildings and outlets in Beverly Hills. Even though the real Beverly Hills is a city separate from Los Angeles, Rockford Hills is considered a district of Los Santos.
Events of Grand Theft Auto V
The area is a setting for many missions in the game, particularly those which start or occur at Michael's mansion.
In Complications, Simeon orders Franklin to secretly invade the mansion and repossess Jimmy's BeeJay XL. Michael, hidden in the back seat, threatens Franklin with a gun and orders him to smash the windows of Simeon's dealership.
In Did Somebody Say Yoga?, Michael is given a spiked drink by Jimmy, he's pushed out of his car by Jimmy near their mansion in the neighborhood, shortly before the fictitious Michael's nightmare of an alien abduction occurs.
In Meltdown, Devin Weston sends several Merryweather guards to take hostage of Michael's family, while Michael and Jimmy were in the Oriental Theater celebrating their film. A large shootout between Michael and the guards took place in the mansion, and Michael's family survived.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
|This Remaining missions contains insufficient information and is considered as a Section stub. You can help the GTA Wiki by expanding it as much as you can.|
Grand Theft Auto V
- Side Missions
- Breach of Contract - Josh Bernstein is talking with two police officers near a burned mansion that Trevor burned before on Josh's orders. When Trevor approaches the cops and Josh, Josh betrays Trevor and tells the cops that Trevor is the perpetrator. Trevor can kill Josh or let him go. But Trevor manages to kill the cops and escape from the police.
- The Good Husband - Amanda is put into the back of a Police Cruiser after an altercation at Didier Sachs. Michael comes to the rescue and takes the police car before the police offer takes her to the station.
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Rockford Roll - Simeon requests for the players to repossess a 9F Cabrio parked at the Rockford Dorset Hotel.
- Josh Bernstein
- Amanda De Santa
- Jimmy De Santa
- Michael De Santa
- Tracey De Santa
- Tyler Dixon
- Hayden Dubose
- Cris Formage
Places of Interest
- Archipelago (The Peninsula)
- City of Los Santos Public Library
- Cottage Park (The Maltz Park and Holmby Park)
- Epsilon Building (Church of Scientology Celebrity Center)
- Mount Zonah Medical Center (Cedars-Sinai Medical Center)
- Harper Unit for Clinical Psychology (Cedars-Sinai Annex Building)
- Portola Trinity Medical Center (Beverly Hills Triangle Medical Plaza)
- Richards Majestic (Constellation Place/MGM Tower)
- Rockford Gardens Park (Beverly Gardens Park)
- Rockford Hills Church (Church of the Good Shepherd)
- Rockford Hills City Hall (Beverly Hills City Hall)
- Rockford Hills Fire Station
- Rockford Hills Police Station
- Rockford Plaza (Beverly Center)
- Weazel Dorset (Saban Theatre)
- Weazel Plaza (Fox Plaza)
- Wenger Institute (Cedars-Sinai Outpatient Services Building)
Rockford Hills is home to higher-end businesses, in particular fashion as well as food.
Roads and Streets
- Spaceship parts
- Health packs:
- The name of the district likely references Jim Rockford, a fictional Los Angeles private investigator from the 1970s television show The Rockford Files.