While traveling through Vinewood Hills, Franklin comes across a barking dog. Franklin is somehow capable of understanding the dog and follows the animal along a dirt path to where Dom is hanging by the lines of his parachute from the branches of a tree overlooking the Vinewood Bowl. Franklin helps Dom out of the tree, then tells Dom how Dom's dog led Franklin to the scene.
Dom says he doesn't have a dog. When Franklin looks around, the dog is gone. In the mean time, Dom has called his helicopter pilot to come retrieve Dom and now Franklin. With a bit of prodding, Frankling agrees to go parachuting with Dom.
The pilot flies Dom and Franklin to a spot near Mount Chiliad. The two parachute down to the peak of the mountain. From there, Dom challenges Franklin to a race down the mountain on Scorcher bikes. Once the race is over (regardless of whether Franklin wins or loses), Dom says he and Franklin should engage in more escapades.
The bike race involves a number of jumps that can be very easy to miss if the player is not careful. Missing these jumps often causes mission failure. As long as the player stays close to Dom throughout the entire race, there is plenty of time at the end to pass Dom and win as he seems to slow down near the end.
- Follow the dog.
- Follow Dom.
- Enter in the helicopter.
- Jump off the helicopter to the landing zone.
- Mount the bike.
- Race Dom down the Chiliad.
Gold Medal Requirements
- Free Faller - Fall for 7 seconds before opening the parachute.
- Big Air - Get 2 seconds of air during the bicycle race.
- Downhill King - Win the bicycle race against Dom.
- The Dog is an obvious reference to the fictional Border Collie, Lassie. This is obviously referenced by Franklin's ability to understand the dog, as well as its similar appearance.
- No formal explanation is given for the dog or its abilities, leaving players to form their own conclusions about its nature.
The mission "Risk Assessment" stars at 00:03