- "Hello, boy. What's that? You said a man's stuck in a tree? And he needs my help? Part of you would rather leave him there 'cause he's a bit of a dick? But you're doing your civic duty? Okay, shit, show me."
- ―Franklin Clinton
While traveling through Vinewood Hills, Franklin comes across a barking dog. Franklin is somehow capable of understanding the dog and follows the animal along a dirt path to where Dom is hanging by the lines of his parachute from the branches of a tree overlooking the Sisyphus Theater. Franklin helps Dom out of the tree, then tells Dom how Dom's dog led Franklin to the scene.
Dom says he doesn't have a dog. When Franklin looks around, the dog is gone. In the mean time, Dom has called his helicopter pilot to come retrieve Dom and now Franklin. With a bit of prodding, Frankling agrees to go parachuting with Dom.
The pilot flies Dom and Franklin to a spot near Mount Chiliad. The two parachute down to the peak of the mountain. From there, Dom challenges Franklin to a race down the mountain on Scorcher bikes. Once the race is over (regardless of whether Franklin wins or loses), Dom says he and Franklin should engage in more escapades.
After completing the mission, a series of 13 Parachute Jumps will unlock across the state. Although they do not need to be completed right away, they are required for 100% completion and will also need to be done before Dom's mission strand can be completed. Any of the three characters can do the jumps.
The bike race involves a number of jumps that can be very easy to miss if the player is not careful. Missing these jumps often causes mission failure. As long as the player stays close to Dom throughout the entire race, there is plenty of time at the end to pass Dom and win as he seems to slow down near the end.
It's also easy to ride the bike off the mountain due to the narrow and twisty course. As bikes usually spawn at the race start location anyway, a good idea might be visiting the location off-mission and ride the pathway a few times to familiarize yourself with the route, as well as practicing getting air time.
There is no penalty (not even for the Gold requirement) for not landing directly on the target. In fact, it doesn't hurt to land a little short of the target, closer to where the bikes are parked, to save a little time.
- Follow the dog.
- Follow Dom.
- Enter in the helicopter.
- Jump off the helicopter to the landing zone.
- Mount the bike.
- Race Dom down the Chiliad.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Free Faller - Fall for 7 seconds before opening the parachute.
- Big Air - Get 2 seconds of air during the bicycle race.
- Downhill King - Win the bicycle race against Dom.
- The dog is an obvious reference to the fictional Border Collie, Lassie, due to Franklin's ability to understand the animal, more so to help someone in distress.
- No formal explanation is given for the dog or its abilities, leaving players to form their own conclusions about its nature.
- Franklin mentions in the mission that he respects gravity, a subtle nod to his predecessor Carl Johnson, who at times screams "I HATE GRAVITY!" when he falls from a great height.
- In the storyline mission Predator, Franklin yells, "Oh, shit!" in the same way he does in this mission.