- "Rise FM, broadcasting live from The Planetarium! It's 24-7, 365, off-the-hook stay-on-forever party venue! We make your dreams come true!"
- — GTA III
Rise FM is a radio station featured in Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories that plays trance and house. It is hosted by Andre the Accelerator in GTA III and Boy Sanchez in GTA Liberty City Stories.
In GTA III, Rise is hosted by Andre the Accelerator. The playlist is presented as a continuous liveset which is being played and broadcast live from a nightclub called The Planetarium. It doesn't feature commercials. One song is featured twice in the playlist, a rare case in radios in the GTA series. Contrary to the other electronic music radio in GTA III, MSX FM, which plays drum and bass, Rise FM plays house.
Grand Theft Auto III
All the songs were mixed by Terry Donovan.
- Chris Walsh & Dave Beran - "Shake (Revolt Clogrock Remix)" (2001) (mixes in again at the end of the radio)
- Shiver - "Deep Time" (2000)
- R.R.D.S. - "Innerbattle" (2001)
- Slyder - "Score (Original Mix)" (2000)
- Slyder - "Neo (The One)" (2000)
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
- Moloko - "Sing it Back" (Boris Musical Mix) (1998)
- Ultra Naté - "Free" (1997)
- Happy Clappers - "I Believe" (1994)*
- Eddie Amador - "House Music" (1998)
- Kristine W - "Feel What You Want" (1994)
- De'Lacy - "Hideaway" (Deep Dish Vocal Remix) (1995)
- Sneaker Pimps - "Spin Spin Sugar" (Armand's Dark Garage Mix) (1997)*
- Jaydee - "Plastic Dreams" (1992)
- Ron Trent - "Altered States" (1993)
- The Absolute - "There Will Come A Day" (Half Tab Dub) (1995)
- Slam - "Positive Education" (1997)
- Green Velvet - "Flash" (1995)
- Robert Armani - "Circus Bells" (1993)
- Josh Wink - "Higher State of Consciousness" (1995)
Songs marked with * do not appear in the mobile version.
Grand Theft Auto III soundtrack:
GTA Liberty City Stories
GTA Liberty City Stories soundtrack:
- It appears this radio station was left behind when GTA III was remastered for the PC version, as the other stations in the game have noticeably higher quality.
- In a rare case in radios in the GTA series, the GTA III rendition of Rise FM features the same song twice, as Chris Walsh & Dave Beran's "Shake (Revolt Clogrock Remix)" starts the playlist and mixes in again at the end of it.
- This is one of the favourite stations of the Colombian Cartel.
- The Fix FM - a house radio in GTA 1.
- Brooklyn Underground FM - a drum and bass radio in GTA 1.
- Funami FM - a drum and bass radio in GTA 2.
- MSX FM - a drum and bass radio in GTA III and GTA Liberty City Stories.
- SF-UR - a house radio in GTA San Andreas.
- Vladivostok FM - a radio in GTA IV and GTA Episodes From Liberty City that in the latter plays house.
- Electro-Choc - a house radio in GTA IV and GTA Episodes From Liberty City.
- Deadmau5 - a house instrumentals radio in GTA Chinatown Wars.
- DFA - a dance instrumentals radio in enhaced versions of GTA Chinatown Wars.
- Non-Stop-Pop FM - a pop and dance radio in GTA V that plays other songs by Sneaker Pimps and Moloko.
- Soulwax FM - a house radio in GTA V that plays a song by Green Velvet.