The company was founded in 1974, according to their logo. In GTA San Andreas, one of the Grove Street Families members wears a green Los Santos Rimmers jersey with the number 7 on it. The player can also buy a Rimmers jacket in ProLaps for $150; there are also unpurchasable Rimmers jerseys, they look exactly like the Saint's Shirt but with "Rimmers" accross the front.
In GTA IV, Rimmers is one of the sponsors of the television show I'm Rich on CNT. The company is most likely a parody of Ray-Ban. In GTA Chinatown Wars, Rimmers expanded in Liberty City taking the place of the Perseus store in Middle Park East.
In GTA V, there is a Rimmers store that's opening soon in Burton, Los Santos, while some billboard ads of the company can be seen around the city. Rimmers sunglasses can also be purchased at clothing stores (e.g. Sub Urban).
- Fishmarket North, Algonquin.
- Pier 45, Fishmarket South, Algonquin
- Quartz Street and Galveston Avenue, Varsity Heights, Algonquin
- Burlesque and Lorimar Street, Star Junction, Algonquin
- Manganese Street, just east of the intersection with Denver-Exeter Avenue, Star Junction
- Bismarck Avenue, between Ruby and Quartz Streets, Lancaster, Algonquin
- Silicon Street, between Bismarck and Columbus Avenue, Lancaster, Algonquin