- 1 Description
- 2 Events
- 2.1 Abandoned Vehicles
- 2.2 Arrests
- 2.3 ATM Robberies
- 2.4 Bike Thief City
- 2.5 Border Patrols
- 2.6 Burial
- 2.7 Bus Tour
- 2.8 Car Theft
- 2.9 Chase Thieves City
- 2.10 Chase Thieves Country
- 2.11 Crash Rescue
- 2.12 Construction Accident
- 2.13 Countryside Gang Fight
- 2.14 Countryside Robbery
- 2.15 Deal Gone Wrong
- 2.16 Domestic
- 2.17 Drug Shootout
- 2.18 Drunk Drivers
- 2.19 Escape Paparazzi
- 2.20 Gang Intimidation
- 2.21 Getaway Driver
- 2.22 Hitch Lifts
- 2.23 Luring Girl Into Alley
- 2.24 Mugging
- 2.25 Prisoner Lifts
- 2.26 Rogue Altruists
- 2.27 Shop Robberies
- 2.28 Simeon Yetarian
- 2.29 Snatched
- 2.30 Sport Bike Thief
- 2.31 Stag Do Running Man
- 2.32 Security Vans
- 2.33 Altruist Cult Shootout
- 3 Exclusive Events for Players Returning to Enhanced Edition
- 4 Exclusive to Grand Theft Auto Online
- 5 Videos
- 6 Bugs/Glitches
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Navigation
Random events often allow the player to make a dynamic choice and decide whether to help or hinder a bystander. There are a total of 57 random events in GTA V (60 in the enhanced version), and completing any 14 of these contribute towards 100% Completion. They start to become available after the mission Complications, Pulling Favors or A Starlet in Vinewood.
The type of encounter is often determined by the color of the dot that appears on the map. A light blue dot indicates a non-hostile encounter, a red indicates a hostile, while a flashing blue/red dot indicates the player can choose to help or hinder them. Of course, depending on the encounter and the player's actions, the color of the icon may change. Attacking the person will change it to red, and attacking the other person will change the icon to light blue.
Many events will repeat throughout the game at random, though some events, such as those that lead to named event characters (like the Hitcher missions) or the Altruist Cult shootout will only appear once and will not respawn when completed. Events that do repeat include robberies, cop chases, shootouts, muggings, and others.
Certain types of encounters cannot be completed more than once per week. This is particularly true for the Security Vans, the Border Patrols, the Abandoned Vehicles, and some other event types. In the case the player has completed an event of a certain type, i.e. Security Vans, they will have to wait for 6-7 in-game days to pass before they can encounter more Security Vans.
|Smoke Tree Road, Grand Senora Desert- All characters.||A lone Surfer sits idling on a desolate dirt road near the airfield. As the player approaches the car, a man will appear behind the player and stun him. The screen will turn black, and the player will wake up wearing only underwear over a railway line with a train approaching him quickly. Alternatively, if the player as Trevor quickly activates his special ability, the player can shoot the man, to which he will defensively claim he was "Just playing."||
Alternative: A Stun Gun.
|RON Alternates Wind Farm - All characters.||The player will find a Journey parked on a dirt road in the wind farm, with a couple of male rednecks having sexual intercourse inside. If disturbed, they'll turn hostile, leave the vehicle and try to shoot the player.||No reward.|
|Grapeseed, beside the O'Neil's farm - All characters.||The player will find a cop chasing a criminal and will have the choice of either: shooting the leg of the criminal and help the cop in capturing him, or killing the cop and helping the criminal escape.||$250 and 2 stars for helping the criminal, nothing if the player helps the police officer.|
|Senora Freeway, RON Alternates Wind Farm, near Rex's Diner - All characters.||The player will find a park ranger chasing a criminal and will have the choice of either: shooting the leg of the criminal and helping the cop capture him, or killing the cop and helping the criminal escape.||$250 and 2 stars for helping the criminal, nothing if the player helps the police officer.|
|At different ATMs around San Andreas - All characters.||A random thief will steal a pedestrian's wallet, while this pedestrian is withdrawing money from an ATM. The player needs to chase down the thief and then chose to return the wallet to the victim, or keep it.||Keep cash: Between $500-$2000. Return cash: Full Special meter and 10% of the wallet's cash.|
- Note: Unlike the other random events, this event will continue to spawn around the map even after being completed, allowing the player to complete it multiple times. However, it only needs to be completed once, to count for the 57/60 random events.
Bike Thief City
|A random thief will steal the bike of a man, the player will need to chase the thief down and return the bicycle to the owner.||+3 Stamina stat and an email from the guy, saying that he's placed $100,000 in Animal Ark stocks in our name on the Lcn-exchange.com website.|
|Bridge Street, Hawick - All characters.||A random thief will steal the bike of a pedestrian. The player will need to chase the thief down and return the bicycle to the owner.||+3 Stamina stat.|
- Note: This an easy way to make money as Michael or Franklin before The Jewel Store Job. Can be done after "Pulling Favors" but the email won't appear until after Friend Request.
|Mount Haan Road, Grand Senora Desert - All characters.||A group of Rednecks will appear driving motorcycles and ambush the player, mistaking him for a foreigner. The player will need to kill all of them to complete the random event. They will yell: "Hey you, Speaky English, Passaporto asshole!"||Up to $700 in total money drops.|
|Tataviam Mountains - All characters.||A group of Rednecks will appear driving motorcycles and ambush the player, mistaking him for a foreigner. The player will need to kill all of them to complete the random event. They will yell: "Hey you, Speaky English, Passaporto asshole!"||Up to $700 in total money drops.|
|Raton Canyon - All characters.||A group of Rednecks will appear driving motorcycles and ambush the player, mistaking him for a foreigner. The player will need to kill all of them to complete the random event. They will yell: "Hey you, Speaky English, Passaporto asshole!"||Up to $700 in total money drops.|
|North Point, Paleto Bay, Blaine County - All characters.||Two guys are trying to bury a woman alive. The player will need to kill the two men and then give the woman a lift to her destination.||Up to $600 from each killed enemy, and a full special meter. The victim's family will also give the player $60,000 sometime later.|
- Note: If playing as Trevor, he can take the woman to the Altruist Cult instead, but will only receive $1,000.
|Alta Street, Downtown Vinewood - All characters.||It's simply a tour around the city, just wait until the tour is finished to complete the random event.||No reward.|
- Note: Although listed as a random event, the tour is shown on the map with a unique icon that resembles a Tour Bus and appears regularly. It also appears from a greater distance than the usual blue or red dots. The tour is usually available during daytime hours, though once under way it will often continue well into the evening. It can be undertaken as many times as the player wishes, though there's a small fee for taking the tour.
|Great Ocean Highway, North Chumash, near the Hookies bar - All characters.||A woman will have her car stolen from her. The player will need to chase down the criminal and return the car to the woman.||A unique pink Peyote or +5 Driving skill.|
|Exceptionalists Way, Los Santos International Airport - All characters.||A woman will have her car stolen from her. The player will need to chase down the criminal and return the car to the woman.||A unique dark red modified Rocoto or +5 Driving skill, and an email from the woman saying that she's delivered a luxury suit to the player's wardrobe.*|
- Note: Regardless of the option taken (between taking the vehicle or returning it) the outcome is the same. The woman will respond differently in the email she sends the player, depending on the choice. Therefore, the player can take the vehicle and earn a new suit but will not earn +5 driving skill.
Chase Thieves City
|Hawick Avenue, Hawick - All characters.||This group of Lost members will steal the takings of a store next to SubUrban and make their escape in a van. The player will need to kill them and choose to return the takings to the shopkeeper, or keep it for themselves.||
Keep cash: $2,000.
Return cash: $200 and a full special meter. If the player kills the victim afterwards, they get another $452.
|San Andreas Avenue, Textile City - All characters.||This group of Lost members will steal the wallet of a pedestrian and escape on motorcycles. The player will need to kill them and choose to return the wallet to the pedestrian, or keep it.||
Keep cash: $500.
Return cash: $50 and a full special meter. If the player kills the victim afterwards, they will get another $91.
Chase Thieves Country
|Grapeseed Main Street, Grapeseed - All characters.||This group of Lost members will steal the wallet of a pedestrian and escape in a van. The player will need to kill them, and choose to return the wallet to the pedestrian, or keep it.||
Keep cash: $250.
Return cash: $25 and a full special meter. If the player kills the victim afterwards, they will get another $76.
|Route 68, Grand Senora Desert, near the Checkout! store - All characters.||This group of Lost members will steal the wallet of a pedestrian and escape in a van. The player will need to kill them and choose to return the wallet to the pedestrian, or keep it.||
Keep cash: $120.
Return cash: $12 and a full special meter. If the player kills the victim afterwards, they get another $30.
|Great Ocean Highway, Mount Chiliad - All characters.||A getaway driver was the only survivor of a car crash following a robbery. The player will need to give her a lift to her destination. If you take too long she will die en route.||Unlocks a new driver to use in the heists.|
- Note: This random event can only be done after The Jewel Store Job mission.
|Calais Avenue, Little Seoul - All characters.||A labourer will be trapped inside a Utility Truck after some pipes fall on top of the truck and block the doors. The player will then need to use a Dozer to push the pipes away from the doors and allow the man to escape, before the vehicle explodes.||+2 Driving skill.|
Countryside Gang Fight
|Marina Drive, Alamo Sea - Michael or Franklin only.||A man will be in the middle of a shootout with members of The Lost MC. After saving him, follow the man to his car. A new group of Lost members will appear on motorcycles and start shooting. Kill all of them and wait until the man leaves in his car to complete the random event.||$1,000 for saving the victim.|
|Route 68, Harmony - All characters.||A shootout between cops and a bunch of criminals will be happening. The player will have the option of either waiting until all the criminals are killed by the police and grab the two briefcases or, help the criminals kill the cops (gaining a three-star wanted level in the process) who will then leave some of the money for the player as they make their escape. The random event will only be completed after the player loses the wanted level in both cases.||$5,000 per briefcase collected from the dead criminals, or up to $10,000 in dropped money if the criminals are helped.|
- Note 1: There's a way of getting infinite money using this random event. First, wait for one or both of the robbers to die in the shootout, then grab just one of the briefcases and get out of the area. If done right, the player will get $5,000 and no wanted level. The random event will not be completed, meaning that he will spawn again, and as such, can be repeated indefinitely as long as the player does not get involved with the shootout, and does not grab both briefcases.
- Note 2: Picking up two briefcases will not trigger any wanted level but the player would be warned by one of the officers. The player will immediately get a two-star wanted level if he tries to steal the getaway vehicle of the criminals.
Deal Gone Wrong
|Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness, near the Great Ocean Highway - All characters.||The player will find a group of mortally wounded gangsters (Aztecas or Triads), who appear to have been in a shootout during a drug deal, one of them will talk about a briefcase at the bottom of the hill before he dies. Grab the briefcase and leave the area. A short time later, a gang will appear trying to take the briefcase from the player; simply kill all of them or escape to complete the random event.||$25,000 in the briefcase and up to $1,000 dropped from the pursuers.|
- Note 1: If the player leaves on foot, the group of criminals do not appear.[ ]
- Note 2: There's a way of getting infinite money using this random event. Once the briefcase is picked up, invest all of the money on the stock market. Then get killed by the pursuing gang; the investment will be retained and the random event will not be completed, allowing it to be repeated again later.
|Didion Drive, Vinewood Hills - All characters.||The player will find a man being kicked out his house by his wife. Wait at the kerb for the man to retrieve his golf club, then give him a lift to where he wants to go.||$80 and the man becomes a new golf opponent with a Hard skill level.|
- Note: If playing as Trevor, he can take the man to the Altruist Cult instead and receive $1,000. However, this is not recommended as the player will permanently lose out on having Castro Lagano as a golf opponent.
|Mount Chiliad, Blaine County - Trevor only.||At the end of a road, north of Grapeseed, the player will find a group of bandits protecting a small farm. Just kill them and grab a briefcase that's inside a nearby shed to complete this random event.||Between <$1000 - $70,000.|
- Note 1: Despite originally being on a weekly cool-down, due to a patch that was released to solve a bug regarding money suitcases in general, this event is no longer re-playable, and will only spawn one time. After it is completed, it will not spawn again.
- Note 2: On approach, this random event will be marked on the map by way of a marijuana-leaf-icon, as opposed to the usual blue-dot-icon.
|Aguja Street, La Puerta - All characters.||The player will find a man trying to take his drunk friend home. Just give the drunk guy a lift to his home in Alta Place, Hawick.||$80. After being dropped off, he seems to drop dead and can be looted. Player can also keep the Baller.|
|Armadillo Avenue, Sandy Shores - All characters.||The player will find a drunk couple trying to head back to their motel. Just give them a lift to the motel.||$40. Player can keep the Emperor.|
- Note 1: If playing as Trevor, the player can take both the man and the couple to the Altruist Cult (but not at the same time as they're two separate events) instead and receive $1,000 for each of them. (The drunk couple also counts as if two people were brought to the cult, which means $2,000 will be paid out).
- Note 2: If playing as Franklin he'll break the fourth wall and tell the player "See, kids, this why you shouldn't get wasted."
|Vinewood Boulevard, Downtown Vinewood - All characters.||The player will find a celebrity surrounded by paparazzi and asking for help. Find a vehicle and lose the paparazzi, then just take her home.||$750.|
|El Rancho Boulevard and Fudge Lane, El Burro Heights - All characters.||The player will find a girl asking for help. Follow her and it turns out to be an ambush by a bunch of armed criminals. Kill all of them to complete the random event.||Between $200-$500 in dropped money.|
- Note 1: If the player shoots the girl as well, the player receives a wanted star.
- Note 2: If the player reaches the girl while armed, she will run away, and the event will not be completed.
|Corner of Strawberry Avenue and Forum Drive, Strawberry - All characters.||The player will find two robbers trying to find a vehicle to escape, after robbing a drug store. They ask for the protagonist's help. The player can either help them, if so he will need to lose a two-star wanted level and then take the robbers to their destination, or just kill the pair, finishing the random event much quicker.||If crooks are helped: $1,000 and a special character to use as a gunman during heist missions. If the crooks are killed: Between $800-$2,000 per enemy in dropped money.|
- Note 1: If playing as Trevor, he can take the pair to the Altruist Cult instead and receive $1,000. (the robbers also count as if two people were brought to the cult).
- Note 2: If the player shows up in a police car or with a wanted level, the robbers will exclaim "It's the boys in blue!" and run away.
- Note 3: Heist crew member Patrick McReary is rendered permanently unavailable if the crooks are killed or taken to the Altruist Cult.
- Note 4: The accomplice may be killed after dropping him off, dropping money and an AP Pistol.
|Ineseno Road, Banham Canyon - All characters.||The player will find a man at the side of the Great Ocean Highway with his broken-down car. Just take him to his destination in less than 2 hours in-game (2 minutes in real life) to complete the random event.||+5 Driving skill and $100. Also, the man will give a tip about the Tinkle stocks, that can be used to make profit of 30% on the Bawsaq.com website.|
|North Calafia Way, Mount Chiliad - Franklin or Trevor only.||The player will find a woman asking for a lift home. Just simply comply with her request.||+5 Driving skill and a new Booty Call option.|
|East Joshua Road and San Chianski Mountain Range - All characters.||The player will find a girl asking for a lift at the side of the road. Just give her a ride to her destination. When the player reached the destination, the player will meet her boyfriend and her boyfriend will start attacking the player, now the player can get away from him or beat him to complete the random event.||+5 Driving skill.|
|Route 68, Great Chaparral - All characters.||The player will find a bride running away from her wedding. She asks the protagonist for a lift home. Halfway through the drive, the groom will appear to attack the player, just lose him out of sight, or get out of the car and beat him (but don't kill him) and take the bride to her house.||+5 Driving skill.|
- Note 1: If playing as Trevor, he can take the three last characters to the Altruist Cult instead and receive $1,000.
- Note 2: In order to benefit from the Tinkle stock tip, the player should ideally have already invested all available funds into Tinkle before picking up the Ineseno Road hitcher. Tinkle stocks sit at around $4.80 per share in single player until the event is completed and increases to $6.25 immediately afterward. If the player wait a few times, the stock may go up to around $6.40; selling at this price yields the most profit.
- Note 3: If Trevor takes Ursula to the Altruist Cult, the player will permanently miss out on having her as a Booty Call option.
Luring Girl Into Alley
|Supply Street, La Mesa - All characters.||The player will find a girl asking for help. Follow her and it turns out it was an ambush created by her and another guy. Kill both of them to complete the random event.||Between $10-$50 in dropped money.|
|Chamberlain Hills, Strawberry Avenue - All characters.||A random thief will steal the wallet of a pedestrian. Chase the thief and return the wallet to the victim, or keep it.||
Keep cash: $200.
Return cash: $20 and a full special meter. If the player kills the victim afterwards, they will get another $91.
|Meteor Street, Hawick - All characters.||A random criminal is attacking a woman in a alley. Simply kill him before he kills the woman.||Although the victim promises to give a movie ticket if saved, she then flees instead and thus no reward is received.|
|Vespucci Boulevard, Pillbox Hill - All characters.||A random criminal will steal the wallet of a pedestrian. Chase the criminal and return the wallet to the victim, or keep it.||
Keep cash: $2000.
Return cash: $200 and a full special meter. If the player kills the victim afterwards, they get another $390.
|Grand Senora Desert, north of Bolingbroke Penitentiary - Michael or Franklin only.||A prisoner is asking for a lift. Take him to his destination and lose the cops who appear halfway through the drive.||+3 Driving skill.|
|Grand Senora Desert, south of Bolingbroke Penitentiary - All characters.||A prisoner is asking for a lift. But it turns out to an ambush, and he steals the player's vehicle. Just kill him before he runs away.||No reward.|
|Baytree Canyon Road, Grand Senora Desert - Michael or Franklin only.||A girl is being attacked by members of the Altruist Cult. Kill the altruists and give the girl a lift home to complete the random event.||$80.|
|Eastbourne Way, Rockford Hills - All characters.||The player enters the Bob Mulét barber shop and discovers that the place is being robbed. Wait until the robbers leave the premises and chase after them. They will try to escape in a car. Shoot them through the window or destroy the car to kill them. Retrieve the bag of money and return it to the shop, or keep it.||
Keep cash: $2,000.
Return cash: No reward.
|Prosperity Street Promenade, Del Perro - All characters.||The player enters the SubUrban clothing store and discovers that the place is being robbed. Wait until the robbers get out of the shop and go after them. They will try to escape on foot, where all the player needs to do is shoot them all. Grab the bag of money and return it to the shop, or keep it.||
Keep cash: $2,000.
Return cash: 25% off the next purchase at SubUrban.
|Adam's Apple Boulevard and Power Street, Strawberry - Michael or Franklin only.||Enter the Premium Deluxe Motorsport car dealership. Simeon will notice the protagonist and will send some goons to kill him. Just kill all the goons to complete the random event. Simeon can also be killed.||No reward.|
|South Mo Milton Drive, Vinewood Hills - All characters.||A girl is being kidnapped by members of The Lost MC. Kill the members to rescue the girl. Then give her a lift to her destination and be sure to kill all of the Lost members that will appear in the way.||No reward.|
Sport Bike Thief
|North Rockford Drive, Richman - All characters.||A random criminal is stealing the sports bike of a pedestrian. Just chase him and return the bicycle to the victim, or keep it.||A Bati 801 or +5 Driving skill.|
Stag Do Running Man
|Route 68, Great Chaparral - All characters.||The player finds a groom tied to an electric post at the side of the road. Free him and take him home. After this, go to the Hookies bar and then to his wedding in Paleto Bay. All in under 5 hours in-game (ten minutes in real life).||A white Super Diamond.|
Security vans can be found throughout Los Santos, either in static locations or on the roads. They will reappear throughout the game at random for all characters.
|La Puerta, between Innocence Boulevard and Alta Street - All characters||The security van will be parked at a filling station, approach the van quickly and kill the guard before he puts the briefcase in the van, then just pick up the briefcase and lose the cops.||Between $3,000-$8,000.|
|Little Seoul, near Vespucci Boulevard - All characters||The security van will be parked at a restaurant called Lucky Plucker, approach the van quickly and kill the guard before he puts the briefcase in the van, then just pick up the briefcase and lose the cops.||Between $3,000-$8,000.|
|Paleto Bay - All characters||The security van will be parked by the west end of Paleto Boulevard, approach the van quickly and kill the guard before he puts the briefcase in the van, then just pick up the briefcase and lose the cops.||Between $3,000-$8,000.|
|Little Seoul, near Adam's Apple Blvd. - All characters||The security van will be parked in a small parking lot, approach the van quickly and kill the guard before he puts the briefcase in the van, then just pick up the briefcase and lose the cops.||Between $3,000-$8,000.|
|Vespucci Canals, Prosperity Street - All characters||The van will be driving north along Prosperity Street, approach the vehicle by the rear and throw a Sticky Bomb onto the back doors, detonate it, then grab the briefcase, and just lose the cops. The player can also steal the van, take it to a safe place then just shoot the back doors until they open.||Between $3,000-$8,000.|
|Little Seoul, San Andreas Avenue - All characters||The van will be driving east along San Andreas Avenue, near the Hit 'n' Run Coffee, approach the rear of the vehicle and throw a Sticky Bomb to open the back doors, detonate it, grab the briefcase, and then just lose the cops. The player can also steal the van, take it to a safe place and just shoot the back doors until they open.||Between $3,000-$8,000.|
|San Chianski Mountain Range, Chianski Passage - All characters||The van will be driving north along Chianski Passage, near the guard post in the middle of the road, approach the rear of the vehicle, throw a Sticky Bomb to open the back doors, detonate it, grab the briefcase, and then just lose the cops. The player can also steal the van and take it to a safe place and just shoot the back doors until they open.||Between $3,000-$8,000.|
|Tongva Hills, Great Ocean Highway - All characters||The van will be driving south along Great Ocean Highway, near the Route 68. Approach the rear of the vehicle, throw a Sticky Bomb to open the back doors, detonate it, grab the briefcase, and then just lose the cops. The player can also steal the van, take it to a safe place and then just shoot the back doors until they open.||Between $3,000-$8,000.|
|Cypress Flats, El Rancho Boulevard - All characters||The van will be driving west along El Rancho Boulevard, near Orchardville Avenue, approach the rear of the vehicle, throw a Sticky Bomb to open the back doors, detonate it, grab the briefcase and then just lose the cops. The player can also steal the van, take it to a safe place and just shoot the back doors until they open.||Between $3,000-$8,000.|
|La Mesa, Supply Street - All characters||The van will be driving south along Supply Street, near Popular Street, approach the rear of the vehicle, throw a Sticky Bomb to open the back doors, grab the briefcase and then just lose the cops. The player can also steal the van, take it to a safe place and then just shoot the back doors until they open.||Between $3,000-$8,000.|
Altruist Cult Shootout
|Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness, Altruist Camp - Trevor only||After delivering four victims to the Altruist Cult, the Altruists will take Trevor hostage upon receiving the fourth victim and try to use him as a sacrifice. Trevor will then need to kill all the Altruists and make his way out of the camp.||$25,000 in four different briefcases around the camp (total of $100,000).||N/A|
- Note 1: This event is unable to be completed if the player runs out of victims to deliver.
- Note 2: Aside from the money, the camp also has an RPG that respawns every few minutes. Sticking around after killing the cultists is a good way to obtain an RPG early in the game, and build up a cache of otherwise-expensive ammo.
- Note 3: This random event does not count for the 57/60.
Exclusive Events for Players Returning to Enhanced Edition
|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
Random Events that are exclusive to returning players on the Enhanced Versions
|Route 68, Grand Senora Desert - All characters||A Duke O'Death will be parked near a gas station west of the ownable Los Santos Customs. Take the car and a gang of rednecks will immediately attack the protagonist. They will be driving two Phantoms and three Dubstas. Kill all of them or escape to complete the random event.||Two Duke O' Deaths will spawn in the map, one in El Burro Heights and the other in Grand Senora Desert.|
- Note 1: This random event can only be done after the mission Pulling Favors.
- Note 2: If The player decides not to take the car the first or the second time the event appears, the event will very rarely spawn back. To fix this, replay Pulling Favors, then hopefully the event should spawn in, if not then replay it again or replay Mr. Philips.
|Cave in the cove, east of RON Alternates Wind Farm - All characters||A Dodo Seaplane will be inside the cave and a group of random gangsters (possibly the Armenian Mafia or Aztecas) will be guarding the plane in two Squalos or Tropics. Kill all of them before taking the plane. Once the protagonist is inside, a new group of gangsters will appear, once the player kills the enemies or escapes, the event is complete.||Two Dodo Seaplanes will spawn in the map, one is docked at a lake in Vinewood Hills, next to Franklin's House and the other is at the Alamo Sea docked at Galilee.|
- Note: This random event can only be done after the mission Nervous Ron.
|Near the Los Santos Customs in Burton - All characters||Once the blue dot appears, approach it quietly to see the street artist painting another mosaic in a wall, he will be wearing a monkey mask and a hoodie. Just get close enough to him to photograph him and he runs away to complete the event.||The Go Go Monkey Blista will be available in all the protagonist's garages, after the player receives a text message from the Space Monkey company, thanking the player for photographing the mosaics.|
- Note 1: This random event can only be done after all the 50 monkey mosaics have been photographed (see Monkey Mosaics for more information).
- Note 2: Purchase all three garages, to increase the chances for the random event to spawn.
Exclusive to Grand Theft Auto Online
Added in The Diamond Casino Heist update.
The player may encounter a Police Transporter with its siren on, driving around various locations on the map. If the player gets close, Patrick McReary will call out for assistance, whereupon the player can choose to attempt a rescue. If the player successfully stops the transporter, Packie and another un-named accomplice can be found in the back. If a player is close by long enough when the Police Transporter is stationary in traffic, the officers inside will get out and attack the player.
The player escapes from their wanted level and drives the transporter to a designated safehouse, then Packie will be freed, thanking the player. The player will also receive $10,000, 2,800 RP, and the "Gunman" award. Lester Crest will then send a text message suggesting McReary owes a debt to the player that can be repaid by recruiting him for participation in the The Diamond Casino Heist.
Added in Los Santos Summer Special update.
- "Bold Moves
Keep an eye out for anything suspicious by the roadside. You never know when you'll happen across a deal going down and be in a position to mount a hostile takeover. Once it's yours, why not return it to its illegal owner for a reward..."
- ―Online loading screen introduction.
Just like Grand Theft Auto V events, the GTA Online Protagonist will be alerted to the presence of a random event with a blue dot on the map and the screen will flash momentarily if they get within approximately 400 yards of the marker. Other players can see the same random event marker simultaneously if they are nearby. The marker will only stay available for fifteen minutes and players in the vicinity will see a countdown timer with five minutes remaining for the event to be triggered.
Approaching the site of the marker will reveal two African-American NPCs and a heavily modified vehicle with the trunk open revealing a package of drugs. The NPCs are dressed in red and yellow colors with Liberty City Salamanders or Los Santos Shrimps shirts. The player can eliminate the two NPCs and take possession of the car.
A text message will arrive from any one of three gang bosses: Al Carter from The Lost MC, Edgar Carlos (misspelled as Edgar Claros) from LS Vagos, or The Families Boss, advising the drugs had been stolen from them and requesting the player deliver the vehicle to a marked location for a reward ($10,000 and RP). If a wanted level was triggered when eliminating the two NPCs, this must be escaped before the vehicle can be delivered. Other players are not alerted to the activity taking place but the player who collects it will have their map blip changed to flashing alternately between their normal marker and the "blue dot" on the maps of other players in the lobby to indicate they have the Drug Vehicle.
While unoccupied, the target vehicle has vastly improved durability with 6 Oppressor Mk II rockets required to destroy one, but when a player is inside it reverts to the normal resilience level and can be destroyed easily.
If another player takes the target vehicle on the way to the destination, they will get the same text message as the original player and will be directed to deliver it to the same location. Players can not cooperatively deliver a vehicle, as only the driver receives the payout. Again, there is a fifteen minute time limit to deliver, but only the last five minutes are shown on-screen, this time to all players in the lobby regardless of whether they saw the event from the start.
The player can also use the Cargobob to airlift the target vehicle to the destination if they wish to save times on road.
If the car is not entered within the 15 minute activation timer, the event will deactivate but the car and NPCs will remain in place. The modified car can then simply be taken with no opposition from the NPCs.
If a player enters the vehicle but fails to deliver the vehicle in time, nothing happens. Similarly, there are no consequences if the vehicle is destroyed en route.
After the package is successfully delivered, the vehicle may sometimes remain parked outside the location although this may be an unintended glitch.
In all circumstances where the player remains in possession of the car after the event, it can continue to be used by the player, but may not be taken into a mod shop or player's garage to be kept permanently as a Personal Vehicle.
There are five different model vehicles, each of which have three different modified variants:
|Dinka Blista Kanjo|
|Gang Boss*||Delivery Location*||Image||Map|
(The Lost MC)
|Barn opposite Route 68 Approach,
|"472" building, Pißwasser Factory,
Corner Orchardville Avenue and Innocence Boulevard,
- In Construction Accident, if the player were to destroy the Utility Truck before triggering the cutscene, the vehicle will fly into the air when it is approached.
- An internet article from Daily Rag after the mission Complications, says that there's a wave of ATM robberies happening in Los Santos and that people should be careful while they are approaching any ATM machine. This is a reference to the ATM Robberies random event, that keep spawning in the map even after the player completed one of them.
- Certain events, such as the Altruist Camp event and the Simeon Yetarian event, will not appear in the map for the player, as these can be easily missed, thus rendered impossible to engage in events that will not appear before and after.
- The 'Duel' random event may be a reference to the film of the same name by Steven Spielberg. The movie is about a driver getting harassed by another driver in a truck similar to the Phantom.
- The 'Deal Gone Wrong' event is possibly a reference to the movie No Country for Old Men, which has a similar scene involving dead gang members and a money briefcase.