|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "Fully-automatic, battery-powered gun, perfect for those looking for a more unusual yet highly-lethal weapon."
- — Description on the Rockstar Games Social Club.
According to the inscriptions, the Rail Gun is manufactured by Coil.
Design and Performance
- "All you need to know is - magnets, and it does horrible things to the things it's pointed at."
- ―Ammu-Nation description
The weapon appears to be high-tech and fires inert rounds at high velocity.
According to IGN.com, one shot is enough to destroy a car. According to computerandvideogames.com, rounds don't cause damage if they miss or land near the target. The shot seems to reach its target instantly. However rate of fire is very poor, taking several seconds between shots to cool the weapon. As a result this weapon seems very effective at taking down helicopters and destroying vehicles, but in return seems less effective against enemies on foot.
According to its Social Club description and stats, it is automatic, works with a battery and has low mag capacity.
- Default clip (20 rounds) - Equipped by default
- Black (default) - Equipped by default
- Army Tint (Desert sand)
- LSPD Tint (Metallic Blue)
- Green Tint
- Orange Tint
- Pink Tint
- Gold Tint
- Platinum Tint
- A rail gun is a weapon that fires dense metallic rounds at velocities higher than the speed of sound using electromagnetism. As such, it has incredible range and accuracy in addition to massive kinetic energy. However, current rail guns are in the prototype phase and due to a myriad of issues, such as power generation and heat dissipation are limited in size and portability to fixed (usually naval) mountings. Portable railguns do not exist outside of theoretical models.
- This, along with the Jetpack, are the only usable prototype military devices featured in the GTA series.
- The explosive effect is not caused by the type of round, but instead by the huge kinetic energy: it's unlikely that a rail gun round will cause heavy damage through splash damage. Direct hits cause massive damage like explosive rounds, but the explosion effect is usually caused by the gases that are caught in the projectile trajectory, which get enough heat from the air friction to become plasma.