The radio stations in Grand Theft Auto Advance, like its predecessors, can only be heard while in a vehicle (except law enforcement vehicles). However, unlike its predecessors, the stations don't features DJs, commercials, and dialogues.
The player can't switch radio stations in the car and all stations are unnamed. However, some code strings mentions three radio stations from Grand Theft Auto III:
LIPS 106 and
K-JAH, possibly meaning that the in-game radio stations were originally meant to be named after the stations from GTA III.
Each time a player gets in a car, it will play a looped, instrumental version of a single song. Songs serve as the unnamed "radio stations" in this game, and the whole tracklist are songs from Grand Theft Auto 2, with the exception of "This Life" by Slumpussy, from the original Grand Theft Auto.
|"Carjacking in Hilltown" by E=MC Feelgood (1999)||Borgnine
|"L.E.D." by Reed (1999)||Sentinel
|"Yellow Butter" by Apostles of Funk (1999)||Belly
|"Flymutha" by Toys Are Real (1999)||Diablo
|"Southpark" by The One (1999)||Banshee
|"How It's Done" by Numb (1999)||Esperanto
|"Computer Lust" by Voice Box (1999)||Brit
|"This Life" by Slumpussy (1997)||Hoods
Prominent Appearances in Storyline
- "Computer Lust" by Voice Box will play during the first cutscene in Jump Start, Getaway, and some cutscenes in Latin Coffee (cutscene if the player lets a enemy escape), Fine Dining, Kid's A Hero, Ante Up, Scorned Lover, Sue Me Sushi, Down the River, Decoy Disaster, Truth Revealed, Love of Money, Taking Revenge, Smackdown, Assault Joint and Freedom Flies.
- "L.E.D." by Reed will play inside Momma's Restaurante during Vinnie's appearances (Jump Start, Dirty Laundry, Hot Wheels, Ill-Gotten, Payback and Fake IDs), during Jonnie's appearance in Love Boat and Cisco's first appearance in Fine Dining.
- "How It's Done" by Numb will play inside 8-Ball's Bomb Shop during 8-Ball's appearances (Fake IDs, Getaway, Twisted Metal, Ill Repute, Droppin' Bombs, Scorelli and Love Boat).
- "Yellow Butter" by Apostles of Funk will play during the Greasy Joe's Diner cutscene in Getaway, inside Jonnie's Bar during Jonnie's missions (Time's Up, Sober Driver, Happy Hour, Grand Opening, Pocket Rocket, Political Will, Show the Money), and some cutscenes in School's Out, Down the River and Bad Pimpin'.
- "Southpark" by The One will play inside King Courtney's boat during his missions (Race to Run, Latin Coffee, The Big Score, Fine Dining, Love of Money) and inside Cisco's plane during Mystery Killer, Decoy Disaster, Truth Revealed and Freedom Flies.
- "Flymutha" by Toys Are Real will play inside Cisco's place in Aspatria during Flying High, Factory Wages and School's Out and inside Asuka's Mansion during Kid's A Hero, Ante Up, Two-Hand Toss, Scorned Lover, Sue Me Sushi, Down The River and Bad Pimpin'.
- "Carjacking in Hilltown" by E=MC Feelgood will play in the Pause Menu, inside Ammu-Nation, and during the final cutscene of Freedom Flies.
- "This Life" by Slumpussy will play in the game's main menu and in the final credits.
- Code strings can be seen by opening the
.gbafile via hex editing.