- "Indie modern rock from the underground."
- ―GTA V Website
Broadcasting live from the eponymous neighborhood in East Vinewood, Radio Mirror Park is both a snapshot of the underground electronica music scene of the early 2010s, and a caricature of the post-ironic hipster culture that surrounded it. The playlist is mostly comprised of indietronica, synthpop, and chillwave. The station comes off as obnoxiously elitist, parading its anti-mainstream attitude like a status symbol and taunting listeners by telling them they'll "hate themselves for not discovering this music before someone cooler did", and that they "probably don't deserve" to listen to it in its jingles.
American singer George Lewis Jr., also known as Twin Shadow, appears as the host under the name "DJ George". On-air, DJ George mostly complains about mainstream culture and its adoption of indie culture, or shares humorous details about his unusual lifestyle. DJ George also shows clear contempt for his audience, seeing them as trend-following poseurs and frequently asserting his individualism to them.
Radio Mirror Park is likely based on KXLU, a college station in Los Angeles, right down to the frequency.
It is one of the preferred stations of Michael De Santa.
GTA V's trackID.gxt2 database reveals many more songs were planned to appear on the station but were not included in the final version.
- Digitalism - 2 Hearts (2011)
- Ducktails - Assistant Director (2013)
- Friendly Fires - Hurting (2011)
- Future Islands - Before the Bridge (2011)
- Gold Fields - Thunder (2013)
- Junior Boys - ep (2011)
- Miike Snow - Animal (2009)
- Moving Units - Until She Says (2011)
- Panama - One Piece (2013)
- Rainbow Arabia - Blind (2011)
- SebastiAn feat. Mayer Hawthorne - Love In Motion (2011)
- The Shoes - Time to Dance (2010)
- Toro Y Moi - Day One (2013)
- Twin Shadow - Run My Heart (2012)
- Ultraísta - Smalltalk (Four Tet Remix) (2012)
- Original playlist
- Enhanced version playlist
Prominent Appearances in Storyline
- Radio Station
- Radio Mirror Park plays during all Sea Races (story mode)
- Plays inside Sub Urban and Binco stores.
- Individual tracks
- All three end credit themes are from this station.
- "Don't Come Close" by Yeasayer is the end credit music for the mission "Something Sensible."
- "Sleepwalking" by The Chain Gang of 1974 is the end credit music for the mission "The Time's Come." and is also featured in the Grand Theft Auto V official trailer.
- "The Set Up" by Favored Nations is the end credit music for the mission, "The Third Way.".
- "From Nowhere (Baardsen Remix)" by Dan Croll is featured in the PS4, Xbox One, and PC trailer for Grand Theft Auto V.
- "Change of Coast" by Neon Indian is the main theme music for Grand Theft Auto Online.
- "Shine A Light" by The C90s plays during Michael's hallucination during the mission "Did Somebody Say Yoga?".
- "Do You Believe?" by Poolside plays in the background during Twin Shadow's dialogues in-between songs.
- "Flutes" by Hot Chip was featured in the GTA Online: Cunning Stunts Stunt Race Creator trailer.
- "Feel the Same" by Battle Tapes was featured in the GTA Online: Import/Export trailer.
- The album version of this song was used in the trailer, whereas the version featured in game is slightly slower and lower-pitched than the album version.
- The in-game files list this station as "silverlake," a reference to the Los Angeles neighbourhood of Silver Lake (which Mirror Park is based on), a neighbourhood known for its hipsters and indie music scene, which reinforces the station's connection to the hipster subculture.
- The band HEALTH previously scored the soundtrack for Max Payne 3, another Rockstar developed title.
- A remixed version of one of the cut songs, "Animal" by Miike Snow, appears on Electro-Choc in The Ballad of Gay Tony. The main album version was meant to be on this station.
- Twin Shadow makes several references to the link between GTA locations and their real life counterparts:
- When he introduces "Feel the Same", he comments that it is "from right here in Los Santos". Battle Tapes is based in Los Angeles, California.
- When he introduces "Don't Come Close", he comments that it is "psychedelic pop from Broker". Yeasayer is based in Brooklyn, New York.
- In some ways, Radio Mirror Park seems to have likeness to Radio X from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Similarities between the two stations include featuring up-and-coming music, narcissistic DJs obsessed with individualism, boastful attitudes prizing their music and subculture as superior to "the mainstream" and mocking their own audience, being stations of preference to Suburban and even sharing the same imaging announcer.
- Wave 103 - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories which also plays Synthpop.
- Radio Broker - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto IV and Episodes from Liberty City which also plays "hipster music" in the form of Indie rock and Dance-rock and plays another song by !!!.
- Prairie Cartel - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars that also plays electronic rock.
- DFA - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars that also plays dance-punk and electronica.
- Non-Stop-Pop FM - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto V which also plays Synthpop.
- WorldWide FM - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto V which plays another song by Toro Y Moi.
- The Lab - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto V which plays another song by Little Dragon.
- Soulwax FM - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto V which plays a song by Joe Goddard of Hot Chip as a solo artist.
- Los Santos Underground Radio - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto V which plays a song by Joe Goddard of Hot Chip as a solo artist.
- Kult FM - A radio station in Grand Theft Auto Online that also plays some synthpop, among other genres.
0xF508A8DC = 2 Hearts
0xD70514A4 = Assistant Director
0xDFB3D054 = Hurting
0x28A4244C = Before The Bridge
0xBA218035 = Thunder
0xB213A00D = ep
0x0F1FFADE = Animal
0x6528EF99 = Until She Says
0x008ED953 = One Piece
0xF249C585 = Blind
0x82E3B785 = Love In Motion
0x50360498 = Time To Dance
0x198D92C8 = Day One
0x152F41AD = Run My Heart
0x6BFBF179 = Smalltalk (Four Tet Remix)