This page, along with some other ones, just like Paramedic and Firefighter, needs necessary cleanups, including unencyclopedic writing style and too much derogatory words inferring to the player.
Street Races are a set of side missions in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. There are two types of races. There is a car race, and there is a motorbike race. Car races are unlocked after completing Grease Sucho. Motorbike races are unlocked after you have to complete the mission Booby Prize. There are also RC Races. All of these are required for 100%.
List of Races
- Unlike races in previous games, killing any opposition will make you immediately fail the mission.
- However unlike races in previous games (particularly GTA: San Andreas), the player can choose any vehicle he wishes for the races (as long as it's of the same type - no motorbikes for a car race, for example).
- In addition, destroying your vehicle (accidentally or on purpose) does not disqualify you the way it does in San Andreas; instead, you are given 30 seconds to obtain a replacement vehicle.
- Starting these races will give you an opportunity to obtain a special vehicle.
- To obtain a special bike get a fast car, head for the start line then ram the person off the bike then get on it, and kill that person.
- To obtain a special car start the race then wait until the others have finished. Once they have stopped break the passenger door, get in, and kill the person. (One exception to this is in Grease Sucho when a Thunder-Rodd driven by an opponent becomes available for the taking after the mission ends (if it isn't destroyed).
- Each of your opponents' vehicle will come in three colors: sky blue, chrome red, and plain white.