Propositions are initiatives in which the people can directly vote on a law. Although not often mentioned, they can help flush out the world of GTA to create a more immersive experience. Players are unable to vote for propositions.
- Proposition 421
- Proposed law against smoking, which would allow a citizen to legally shoot and kill a smoker for defense. It is referenced to frequently, specifically by Maurice of "Gardening With Maurice" where he complains that he should be able to smoke it as it comes from the ground "like coal or opium".
- Proposition 602
- Proposed law to end mass-transit, converting bus-lanes and train tracks into more roads for the benefit of car owners. Can be heard frequently on SF-UR.
- Proposition 832
- Proposed law to keep immigrants (illegal aliens) out of well-paid jobs. It is advocated by B.I.G.O.T. (Ban Immigration Green Cards Outright Today): "If we give them green cards, soon they’ll be just like us - overweight, unhappy, and too lazy to do menial tasks". This was based on California's real life Proposition 187, which passed in California in 1994 and would have prohibited illegal immigrants from receiving social services in the state, but was then overturned on grounds of being unconstitutional due to interfering with federal government affairs.
- Proposition 14
- Proposed law to ban alcohol. It is sponsored by The Bean Machine.
- Proposition 15
- Proposed law to reinstate prohibition in order to bring back jazz. It is mentioned in radio commercials.
- Proposed law to outlaw nuclear families. It is mentioned in radio commercials.
- Proposed law to make carrying firearms at all times mandatory. It is mentioned in radio commercials.
- Proposition 208
- Proposed law to legalize medical cocaine. It is mentioned once on The Fernando Show by Sue Murry who's for its ratification and Fernando Martinez agrees with her on it. It is also mentioned on the East Los FM. Billboards are placed around Los Santos about Prop 208 and a t-shirt is available to purchase in Grand Theft Auto Online.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.