|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- “The rat race is getting more competitive by the day, and your team needs the right kind of perks to stay ahead of the game. In Power Mad, up to four teams compete to capture and hold a prize - and if that sounds simple, whoever holds the prize will turn into a walking juggernaut of death. How's that for an incentive?”
- — In-game description
- “In business, as in bloodthirsty combat sports, being on top is all the edge you need. Compete with other teams to take possession of a vital pickup, but get there fast: whoever holds it turns into the the juggernaut, a heavily-armored, minigun-toting death engine. And if you're not on top, you'd better get working on your hostile takeover.”
- — In-game description
- “Squad up and fight for the right to control the minigun-toting Juggernaut in Power Mad, the latest Adversary Mode to hit GTA Online. In Power Mad, teams of two to four players fight for possession of the vital Juggernaut power-up, which turns its wielder into a heavily armored menace with one main objective: stay alive long enough to fill the meter and score a point. If the Juggernaut dies before filling the meter, the power-up is dropped and ready for a new would-be king to try their luck.”
- — Rockstar Newswire description.
This mode consists of 2 to 4 teams competing to hold a pickup for 40 seconds. Whoever holds the pickup will become a Juggernaut, a unit with a heavily armored suit that behaves much like in The Paleto Score. It is slow, but is able to take more bullets than any ordinary attacker.
If the Juggernaut is killed, the pickup will drop for any player to become the Juggernaut. The capture time is not reset, i.e. if a team had already been the Juggernaut for 30 seconds, they will only need to get the pickup again and hold it for 10 more seconds.
If one team successfully holds the pickup for 40 seconds, a point is scored. Rounds can be set to 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 points. There is also a set round time; after it expires, whichever team has the highest amount of points wins the round. If there are two or more teams tied in score at the end of the set round time, there will be a sudden death round, in which all tied team players turn into juggernauts, and the first kill wins the round. Players on teams that were not tied and were behind in points will be killed immediately.
The strategy depends on how many teams there are and how many players are in each team. By default, the number of teams will be set to Auto, which in turn means 4 teams with 4 players or more, 3 with 3 players, and 2 with 2 players.
Multiple teams with 1 player
It is almost necessary to kill other teams before getting the pickup, as once somebody gets the pickup, it will probably mean they won the point. There is just not enough firepower to take on a juggernaut, provided that the juggernaut knows how to play properly.
Multiple teams with 2 to 4 players
Team coordination is a must, as there has to be team members who run for the pickup and some who kill the opposing teams' runners. If an opposing team member becomes the juggernaut, concentrate firepower on them. They should go down with a combination of bullets and grenades. If a team member becomes the juggernaut, assist them by killing players who are outside of their view range.
- Do not use proximity mines as opposing team members can shoot at them and explode them.
- The juggernaut cannot use the cover mode, but can take cover behind big unbreakable objects.
- Watch the map. Enemies spawn in different locations and could be coming from the back.
- Stay close to teammates so in case of dying, they can become the juggernaut.
- When using the minigun, keep it running at all times. It takes some precious time to start running from a standstill.
- Against juggernaut
- Try to get close to the juggernaut by running from cover to cover.
- Throw the grenade first. It can lower the juggernaut's HP dramatically.
- Do not be afraid of dying, it means another grenade can be thrown.
- Use cover mode and point-blank shooting from cover.
- Pick up the assault shotgun as soon as possible. Shooting at the juggernaut's head in close combat is very effective with this weapon.
- Teamed with juggernaut
- Watch the juggernaut back, as some enemies come from that way.
- Stay relatively close to the juggernaut and pay attention to their HP.
- Eliminate enemies who are far away, because it is harder for the juggernaut to get them.
|Image||Location & Notes||Map|
|Power Mad I takes place at Legion Square.|
|Power Mad II takes place at the Altruist Camp, Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness.|
|Power Mad III takes place at Bolingbroke Penitentiary.|
|Power Mad IV takes place at Vespucci Beach.|
|Power Mad V takes place at the Los Santos International Airport|
|Power Mad VI takes place in Paleto Bay.|
|Power Mad VII takes place in Fort Zancudo.|
- Power Mad I on Social Club
- Power Mad II on Social Club
- Power Mad III on Social Club
- Power Mad IV on Social Club
- Power Mad V on Social Club
- Power Mad VI on Social Club
- Power Mad VII on Social Club
- If playing on the Orange Team.
- If playing on the Purple team.
- If playing on the Pink Team.
- If playing on the Green Team.
- GTA Online: Pegassi Torero now available at Legendary Mororsport plus new Power Mad Adversary Mode, Gunrunning bonuses & more. Rockstar Newswire (July 25, 2017).