- "You useless bastard! You totally messed up! My ass is on the line and you can't even kill a goddamned fly! I paid you good money to kill that witness and he ain't dead! And today he's gonna make a Federal Deposition! He's being moved any second now from the Carson General Hospital up in Rockford. If he squeals, I squeal!"
- — Ray Machowski outraged over Claude's failure in killing Leon McAffrey
Machowski is angry that Claude did not kill McAffrey successfully in a previous mission. He survived and is being transported in a Ambulance from the Carson General Hospital to the LCPD headquarters. Machowski instructs Claude to kill him, once and for all. As Claude arrives at the hospital, the Ambulance heads out to its destination. Claude rams the Ambulance until Ray's partner, in a fully armored and flame retardant body cast, falls out of the Ambulance. Claude eventually breaks the cast and kills him.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to the hospital
- Ram the ambulance until McAffrey falls out. McAffrey must be forced to bail before his ambulance reaches the police station in Torrington
- He's bailed out!! Smash his bodycast with a vehicle or an explosion.
- Leon McAffrey - Killed by Claude on orders from Ray Machowski for turning states evidence as well as for managing to survive a previous attempt on his life.
- The LCPD Dispatcher makes a specific announcement during this mission after locating the ambulance: "Call out to all units: he's taken the bait. Shoot to kill, repeat, shoot to kill."
- Blowing up the targeted ambulance before reaching it by any means will cause the pop-up message displayed on the screen to tell the player that it was a decoy.
- During this mission, four SWAT team members and two Enforcers will spawn near the LCPD headquarters in Torrington, as seen here.
- After the ambulance drops McAffrey on the ground, the player can clear his wanted level and then procede to calmly run over the body with a car without any other raise in the wanted level, making the mission easier.
- Alternatively, depending on where McAffrey was dropped off, the player can try using their body to push McAffrey into the sea, completing the mission with a special message: “Witness has drowned!!”.