It is located in the San Chianski Mountain Range in Los Santos County, along Senora Way, east of the RON Alternates Wind Farm. Additionally, it is located next to a railway halt, where trains will occasionally stop.
Palmer-Taylor Power Station is a massive facility, composed of four flue-gas stacks, eight mechanical-draft cooling towers, and numerous smaller out-buildings, storage tanks, pipelines, a parking lot and other related items. While none of the buildings are player accessible, the flue-gas stacks and a few other buildings have extensive stairs, ladders, and catwalks which allow for a great deal of player exploration. There are transformers located around the plant, which will give the GTA Online Protagonist an electric shock if they come into contact with them. Despite the presence of various "No smoking" signs, the station's employees can still be seen smoking.
It is not specified which type of fuel the power station uses, though the flue-gas stacks and the station's ownership by the Los Santos Department of Green Power strongly suggest it is a natural gas plant.
Events of Grand Theft Auto V
If the player chooses to kill Michael De Santa, he will flee to the power station to escape Franklin Clinton, accidentally hitting a security guard with his car in the process. Franklin chases him through the stairs and catwalks of the power station, to the top of one of the flue-gas stacks. He ambushes Michael, punching him several times before pushing him over the edge, grabbing hold of his arm. The player can choose whether to drop Michael or hoist him up, but either way, Michael will fall to his death. As Franklin walks away from the power station, he calls his friend, Lamar Davis.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
Grand Theft Auto V
- Vinewood Souvenirs - The Last Act - Trevor Philips drives a blue Premier containing actor Al Di Napoli to a railway line passing the power station. Trevor leaves the car on the tracks before a passing train destroys the car, killing Di Napoli. On the way to the station, Trevor can let him out.
- The Time's Come - Michael's death. (Non canon)
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Vehicle Cargo
- A target vehicle may be located in the northern car park of the facility, in a car meet. Several heavily modified vehicles owned by armed NPCs are parked around the car park.
- Air Freight Cargo
- Air Freight Cargo may spawn in the facility in Steal Missions. The mission would require two players to start and a helicopter to snipe enemies, or alternatively break into the facility and steal the cargo.
- Freemode Events
- Kill List or Kill List Competitive may start here. A Rhino Tank will spawn on the western road of the facility. 1 player can participate.
- The "Power Station" Time Trial starts here, and ends at Nikola Place.
- Diamond Casino Heist
- The Cayo Perico Heist
- Possible location for the Tail Helicopter variant of Heist Prep: Unmarked Weapons.
- Los Santos Tuners
- Armor - inside the train terminal located north of the plant's entrance (see photo)
- Sniper Rifle - at the top of the northernmost smoke stack.
- The name of the plant is a reference to the band The Power Station, and to the members of the band, Robert Palmer, John, and Andy Taylor.