- "Local law enforcement extorts money from all the weed farms, whore houses, meth kitchens in the area. They keep the cash in safe deposit boxes. Then there's all the normal small town payroll stuff. We should do well."
- — Trevor describing the score to Michael on their way to Paleto Bay
Michael and Trevor meet at Trevor's meth lab in Sandy Shores. They are joined there by FIB agents Steve Haines and Dave Norton. Haines has yet another job for Michael and Trevor, but this one requires Michael and Trevor to source the equipment they will need, including a military-grade helicopter which will cost at least $2 million, money that Michael and Trevor do not have. With that in mind, Michael remembers a "bank in the sticks" that Lester Crest referred to previously. Michael phones Lester, who agrees to meet them in Paleto Bay.
Lester arrives in Paleto Bay by bus, and the trio drive to the Blaine County Savings Bank. They inspect the front of the bank, before driving around the back to see the alarm system setup. Lester wants to check the response time of the local police, so Michael shoots one of the alarms to trigger it. The trio drive to a filling station across the road to wait for the police and time their response. "Sixty-seven seconds" later (according to Lester), four cars arrive, with more on standby. Over Lester's police scanner, the police declare the incident a false alarm and intend to set up vehicle-searching checkpoints along the highway. At this point, Trevor leaves the vehicle and steals a motorcycle to ride back to the meth lab. When Trevor exits the car, the player can choose whether to control Michael or Trevor. Trevor is more likely to arrive first, but choosing Michael allows the player to hear specific dialogue between Michael and Lester. Regardless of who arrives first, once the three reach the meth lab, Lester sets up the board for the heist. The player is able to choose a gunman. After the gunman is selected, Michael and Lester leave the meth lab whilst Trevor throws up a bowl of rotten leftovers he was eating during the preparation.
The following characters are available to complete Michael, Trevor and Franklin's crew.
- Gustavo Mota - If chosen, he will not be killed during the escape and will provide a distraction while Michael, Trevor, and Franklin fight the military in the chicken factory. 14% cut. (Previous experience doesn't make any difference)
- Packie McReary* - If chosen, he will not be killed during the escape and will provide a distraction while Michael, Trevor, and Franklin fight the military in the chicken factory. 12% cut. (Previous experience doesn't make any difference)
- Chef - If chosen, he will not be killed during the escape and will provide a distraction while Michael, Trevor, and Franklin fight the military in the chicken factory. 12% cut.
- Norm Richards - If chosen, he will be pinned against a wall by a police car and crippled, rendering him unable to provide a distraction or continued servitude. 10.5% casualty expense.
- Daryl Johns - If chosen, he will be pinned against a wall by a police car and crippled, rendering him unable to provide a distraction or continued servitude. 9% casualty expense.
- Go to Michael's car.
- Go to Paleto Bay.
- Go to Blaine County Savings Bank.
- Focus on the bank.
- Go to the empty lot near the bank.
- Shoot the alarm.
- (Optional, only if you do not have any weapons) Buy a gun at Ammu-Nation.
- Go to the gas station.
- Race Michael or Trevor back to Liquor Ace.
- Choose a gunman.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Leisurely Drive - Drive to the bank within 03:30.
- Drive as quickly as possible, taking turns as little as possible.
- Winner - Win the race back to the meth lab.
- Self explanatory
After the mission
Trevor receives a phone call from Franklin Clinton, with Franklin informing Trevor that the O'Neil brothers are looking for him and that Franklin has been following them. After this, should the player switch to Franklin at any time, the mission Predator will automatically begin. The Heist Setup mission Military Hardware is also unlocked.
- Lester Crest - "Can't believe you brought me out to this backwater shithole. Everybody looks like they're related."
- Regardless of which protagonist the player races back to Liquor Ace as, the radio in the protagonist's vehicle will be tuned to Los Santos Rock Radio and "Night Moves" by Bob Seger will always play. In the PC version, this is changed to "Higher Love" by Steve Winwood.
- However, in the PC version, if the mission fails when the player races into Liquor Ace, and Higher Love was already playing, the song switches to "Night Moves" during the reset.
- If you do not have any weapons to shoot the alarm with, you will be instructed to go to the Ammu-Nation to buy a pistol. Afterwards, the mission will proceed as usual.
- If you do not have the money necessary to buy the pistol, you will be given $500.
- The mission will fail if the player enters Los Santos with Michael and Lester. Trevor, however, can roam Los Santos freely.
- If racing as Michael, Trevor will stick his middle finger up at Michael if he is close behind him.
- If playing as Michael when driving back to the meth lab, it is impossible to knock Trevor off his bike. If playing as Trevor, however, he will still fall off the bike if he crashes.
- Lester claims that the Los Santos Police Department are better trained for armed robberies than the Blaine County Police. However, both share the same gunfight and driving tactics in regular gameplay.
- The officers who respond to the alarm are LSPD officers instead of Los Santos County Sheriff officers.
- When Lester gets off the bus, he is wearing suit trousers. However, at the end of the mission, he is wearing jeans.
- If Michael gets back into the car when he is supposed to shoot the alarm, Trevor will say, "If... you can shoot the alarm from inside here... If not, GET OUT AND SHOOT THE ALARM!" or "Ooh you wanna do a drive-by, huh? You think hanging out with Frankie makes you a gangster, huh?" or "What are you doing in here? Get out and shoot the alarm!" or "We don't want you in here. We want you outside, shooting the alarm."
- When the alarm is triggered, police chatter will mention "code thirty adam", which is used for silent alarms, despite the bank alarm being audible. The proper code should be "code thirty ringer", which is used for ringing alarms.
- This is the only time in the game that shooting the alarm at the bank has any effect. Before and after the mission, shooting the alarm has no effect, other than the possibility of obtaining a one-star wanted level for discharging a firearm.