- "Logging, hunting...there's a lot of man against a fragile ecosystem in the Paleto Forest. If you want to see who's winning, take the cable car up to the top of Mount Chiliad."
- ―GTA V digital manual
Paleto Forest is a large coniferous forest located in northern Blaine County, San Andreas that appears in Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online. The forest is south of Paleto Bay and northwest of Mount Chiliad. The Aerial Tramway station for the cable car to the peak of Mount Chiliad is located in the forest. The Great Ocean Highway runs through the Paleto Forest.
Paleto Forest is mostly a rural area, along with few buildings scattered around. It is made up of coniferous trees, particularly pine trees. Much of the forest has been cut down and turned into lumber at the nearby Paleto Forest Sawmill. Deer can be seen drinking from the rivers, and eating by the side of the roads, along with the sound of woodpeckers pecking trees. Due to the close proximity to the town of Paleto Bay, there are many cars seen driving through the forest. Some cars can also be seen parked at the local lumberjack inn.
Roads and Streets
Events of GTA V
There is one spaceship part here.
Points Of Interest
- Bayview Lodge
- Lumber Yard
- Mountain Bike Rentals
- Mount Chiliad Tourist Trail
- Pala Springs Aerial Tramway
- Paleto Forest Sawmill
The area appears to be largely based on the San Bernardino National Forest with the nearby mountain tramway being is based on the Palm Springs Tramway on the opposite side of Mount San Gorgonio. Adjacent to the forest is the small settlement known as Bayview which appears to be based on Big Sur which is many miles away in central California.
- The Logger Beer lumberjack statue at the Bayview Lodge carries a wooden beer keg; if the keg is shot at, liquid will pour out of the bullet holes.
- The lumberjack can be seen on the side of the Paradise van from the Beach Bum Pack if it is chosen by the player when they buy it or by respraying it at Los Santos Customs.
- The cable car can be blown off the wires by placing sticky bombs on the top.
- The Lumberjack statue appears to be based off a similar statue depicting a Pirate carrying a keg at Blackgang Chine, a small theme park on the Isle of Wight off the coast of Southern England.