- "Hijack a Merryweather convoy in Blaine County to get thermal charges to use on the security doors at the Pacific Standard"
The crew is instructed to go to Calafia Bridge, where Lester briefs the crew of the thermal charges loaded in a Barracks truck and escorted by a Merryweather convoy. Lester suggests the crew to set an ambush in there, as the bridge will give them limited space. However, he advises to not destroy the truck.
Once there, the crew waits for the convoy, which consists of a Mesa on the front, the target truck on the middle and an Insurgent Pick-Up on the back, as well as a Savage as aerial escort. It will take about 2 minutes for the convoy to come near the bridge.
The crew has the option of either waiting at the ambush point or attack them directly. Players should execute the ambush properly and take out everyone, as the truck will attempt to run away and the escorting units will engage against the crew, especially the helicopter and the Insurgent's gunner.
Once all guards are killed and the truck is safe, one player should take it and drive to the drop-off point in Grapeseed. On the way, Merryweather reinforcements will arrive in several Mesas and setting up roadblocks, as well as a couple of Savages as aerial reinforcements. It is advisable to take the Insurgent Pick-Up to provide defensive firepower to the truck, by taking out any Merryweather reinforcement on the way and the helicopters.
Once all Merryweather reinforcements were taken out, the truck driver can deliver it to Paige Harris to complete the mission.
- Go to the ambush point.
- Wait for the convoy.
- Hijack the truck.
- Escape Merryweather.
- Deliver the truck to the drop off.
- Help deliver the truck to the drop off.
- During the escape, the Savage will use standard missiles and minigun with standard ammo instead of explosive ones, and even able to point the gun in any direction, regardless of the helicopter's position, in a similar manner to the anti-air P-996 LAZER deployed at Fort Zancudo.
- As of the The Doomsday Heist update, the escape sequence was made significantly more difficult, as the Savages are now able to use their explosive minigun. The last of the three Savage's will hover over the road and immediately destroy the Insurgent Pick-Up and Barracks with only one explosive shot if the players do not destroy it quick enough.
- Furthermore, the Savage that first spawns before the convoy arrives no longer follows the convoy, and simply hovers in place. This is the Savage that poses the biggest threat out of the three Savages.
- Rarely, once the players secure the truck, no ground Merryweather reinforcements will come after them, making the mission much easier, however, air units will still be called out as per usual (though occasionally they fail to arrive to the scene).
- Sometimes, the Insurgent Pick-Up will recklessly drive off the road and into the sea or ravine, thus making it very difficult to protect the Barracks from incoming Savage helicopters. To prevent this from happening, a player who is in the role of sniper should take out the Insurgent Pick-Up's driver before the gunner.