|This article or section refers to "enhanced version" content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V and/or Grand Theft Auto Online, that is absent on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
- "The future of competitive motorsport has arrived, and it’s in a hurry. Two brand new open-wheel ultra-performance vehicles. Seven high-speed tracks. Dozens of split-second decisions, from the tires you use, to whether you take that all-important pit stop. And above all: one seat, one driver, one grand prize."
- ―Rockstar Newswire description.
San Andreas Prix Open Wheel Races are a series of Land Races featured in Grand Theft Auto Online as part of the continuation of The Diamond Casino Heist update, released on February 27, 2020, during the Open Wheel Races Week event.
The races are available for 1 to 16 players and the default lap count is 10, although the lobby host can also set the duration to 5, 15, 20, or 25 laps.
Players can choose any vehicle in the Open Wheel vehicle category. There is also an option to select three types of tyres: Soft, Medium or Hard. Soft tyres offer more grip, but have lower duration, while Hard tyres have less grip, but offer more duration. Medium is basically the middle line of the aforementioned tyres. Tyre selection is crucial for the general layout of a race. Despite various wing setups giving different performance characteristics in Freeroam, all vehicles in these races perform exactly the same regardless of which wings the player has installed on their car.
Open Wheel Races have a Pit stop that allows the regeneration of the vehicle and tyre "health", thus repairing the vehicle completely and avoiding getting the car's tyres deflated.
Nine additional Open Wheel Races were added to the game as part of the Los Santos Summer Special update. The start countdown and sounds for hitting checkpoints were changed to make the races more unique. The vehicle and tyre health, which were originally indicated by two bars on the bottom left of the screen, are now shown with a small image of an Open Wheel car next to the radar. As parts get damaged, their colour will start changing to yellow, orange, and finally, red.
List of Open Wheel Races
There are seven races. These are listed in the "Races" list, with the "Open Wheel" prefix.
- Open Wheel - Brace for Impact
- Open Wheel - Height of Society
- Open Wheel - In Due Course
- Open Wheel - Lap it Up
- Open Wheel - More Haste More Speed
- Open Wheel - New Wave
- Open Wheel - Urban Renewal
Added as part of the Los Santos Summer Special update:
- Open Wheel - Abridged
- Open Wheel - Dam
- Open Wheel - Headwind
- Open Wheel - It's a Sign
- Open Wheel - Keeping Track
- Open Wheel - Life's a Beach
- Open Wheel - Morningwood Glory
- Open Wheel - Road to Ruin
- Open Wheel - Top of the Town