The Netherlands is a country located in Western Europe. A founding member of the European Union, the country is bordered by Germany to the east, Belgium to the south and the North Sea to the north-west.
The Netherlands are occasionally mentioned in the Grand Theft Auto series, usually through mentions of Amsterdam or the history of Liberty City.
In GTA Series
- GTA Vice City Stories
- There is a chain of coffee shops in Vice City called Old Amsterdam Coffee Shop.
- The Clothing Shop T&A Men, Is based on a Dutch International Clothing Brand C&A
- GTA IV
- New Rotterdam was a Dutch colonial town which became the present-day Liberty City
- The Rotterdam Tower and Rotterdam Hill neighbourhood are named after the Dutch port city of the same name.
- There is a street in Algonquin called Amsterdam Lane.
- The Liberty City district of North Holland is named after the Dutch region of the same name.
- Bas Rutten, the co-host of The Men's Room, is from the Dutch city of Tilburg
- Philips Van Der Philip, is a Dutch aesthetic minimalist from the Netherlands
- Some female pedestrians appear to be Dutch tourists/expats, and use Dutch, such as saying "Ga weg!" ("Go Away!"), "Nee, nee, niet vechten!" ("No, no, don't fight!"), or claiming that their car is a rental and that being carjacked is a "hate crime".
- Amsterdam is mentioned in the description of Show Me the Monet.
- Sophia Bowles-Carmichael mentions Holland's liberal atmosphere during Blaine County Radio Community Hour.
- Gavin Van Der Loop is a lawyer from the Netherlands.
- Vysser is a Dutch automotive manufacturer based on Spyker, being behind the Neo added in The Diamond Casino & Resort update for Grand Theft Auto Online.