The Netherlands is a country located in Western Europe. A founding member of the European Union, the country is bordered by Germany to the east, Belgium to the south and the North Sea to the north-west.
The Netherlands are occasionally mentioned in the Grand Theft Auto series, usually through mentions of Amsterdam or the history of Liberty City.
In GTA Series
- GTA Vice City Stories
- There is a chain of coffee shops in Vice City called Old Amsterdam Coffee Shop.
- The Clothing Shop T&A Men, Is based on a Dutch International Clothing Brand C&A
- GTA IV
- New Rotterdam was a Dutch colonial town which became the present-day Liberty City
- The Rotterdam Tower and Rotterdam Hill neighbourhood are named after the Dutch port city of the same name.
- There is a street in Algonquin called Amsterdam Lane.
- The Liberty City district of North Holland is named after the Dutch region of the same name.
- Bas Rutten, the co-host of The Men's Room, is from the Dutch city of Tilburg
- Philips Van Der Philip, is a Dutch aesthetic minimalist from the Netherlands
- Many female pedestrians are of Dutch heritage and use Dutch, such as saying "Ga weg!" ("Go Away!"), "Nee, nee, niet vechten!" ("No, no, don't fight!"), or claiming that their car is a rental and that being carjacked is a "hate crime".
- Amsterdam is mentioned in the description of Show Me the Monet.
- Sophia Bowles-Carmichael mentions Holland's liberal atmosphere during Blaine County Radio Community Hour.
- Gavin Van Der Loop is a lawyer from the Netherlands.