- — Mike Toreno explaining the mission to Carl Johnson
Carl arrives at the airstrip. While he is waiting for Toreno, Toreno sneaks up behind Carl and grabs him in a chokehold. After Toreno lets Carl go and tells him to "wake up and smell the coffee", he explains that his agents are in trouble and they need some equipment delivered to them; the agents need the package by nightfall otherwise they will all be dead. Carl, after a little reluctance and confusion regarding the situation, proceeds to the task.
Carl gets in a Rustler with the package attached to the fuselage. Carl takes off, with Toreno reminding Carl stay under the radar so that he will not be detected. Carl flies across the state to Angel Pine. He releases the contraband at a drop-off point and makes his way back to Verdant Meadows, again while flying below the radar. Carl arrives at the airstrip, with Toreno congratulating him for a job well done.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- The plane is all loaded up and ready to go. Get in it
- Fly to Angel Pine with the package. Stay below the radar, or you'll be chased by Hydras of the U.S. Air Force.
- Fly into the corona to trigger the drop
- Return to the airfield and land, but get below the radar
- Bring the plane to a stop anywhere on the landing strip
- N.O.E. stands for "Nap-of-the-earth", a type of very low-altitude flight course used by military aircraft to avoid enemy detection and attack in a high-threat environment. If Carl flies too high above the radar, Toreno may say, "Nap of the earth, Carl. Nap of the earth."
- During the mission, Mike Toreno states "If you did as many amphetamines as [the U.S. Air Force] does, you'd be lucky not to shoot anything that moves." This is a reference to Dexedrine, an amphetamine administered to U.S. Air Force pilots as "go pills" during the Gulf War that was eventually blamed for a February 1991 friendly fire incident.
- It could also be a reference to the 2002 Tarnak Farm incident, for which Dexedrine was also blamed. While anachronistic for the game's setting by a decade, the incident would have been a relevant topic during its development.
- The Hydras in this mission are piloted by civilians, the old man with dark glasses (model id 43 - HMORI), and not by the military.