Grand Theft Auto V
Mixer refers to two mixer-based trucks of similar designs and, in a similar manner to the Tipper, both are operated by Skiver Construction Corporation. Both models are manufactured by HVY (see Trivia)
Both variants share an almost identical rear compartment, including the mudguards and flaps and rear lighting setup, as well as the frame and drum.
In the enhanced version of the game, both trucks share the same interior common with all trucks, sporting analog dials, a retro steering wheel and a display screen mounted on the central console.
- First generation
The first generation Mixer is heavily based on the HVY Biff, with minor changes to the hood and headlights; the headlights are now mounted onto the bonnet sides instead of being part of the fenders, and the fender shape has been altered. The fender mounted indicators have also been removed. The cab is significantly more rusty than the Biff and has Skiver decals on the doors.
Being a mixer truck, the rotating mixer drum is mounted onto a large frame, holding the hopper and discharge chute (in closed form). A small water system is found at the front of the drum. A ladder is mounted on the driver side allowing access to the feed, but is unusable to the player. The entire unit is mounted directly onto the chassis and large mudguards with red/white warning stripes are placed above the wheels. This variant also features a non-functional booster axle on the rear.
The entire truck is painted with the primary colour and cannot have its wheels painted.
- Second generation
The second generation Mixer is based on the Chevy Kodiak/GMC TopKick. It shares its cab with the second generation Tipper (where it is manufactured by Brute). The cab remains almost identical, with the addition of a passenger-side exhaust stack being mounted behind it, and minor differences in the rust mapping, particularly around the hinges and underneath the wing mirrors.
The mixer compartment remains similar to the first generation model's mixer, albeit slightly smaller to comply with the smaller cab. It lacks the booster axle, likely due to its smaller size and as such changes to the lower frame were made. The chute angle has also been adjusted.
The cab of the truck is painted with the primary color, the mixer and frame painted secondary, while the wheel color is applied to a stripe running around the mixer drum.
Current Design Gallery
Grand Theft Auto V
As expected, the Mixer has very poor performance. The Mixer has a slow speed but makes up for its brute force in pushing other vehicles. Due to its high center of gravity, it tips on its side quite easily, especially when navigating over rough, uneven terrain.
GTA V Overview
(0-60 mph in Seconds)
(mph / kmh)
(FWD / RWD / AWD)
(kg / lbs)
|N/A||68 / 110||4||N/A||RWD||6000 / 13228||65|
|N/A||N/A||4||(rear 4) Turbocharged Inline-4 (In-game model)||RWD (rear 4)||Cannot be observed||Cannot be observed|
Grand Theft Auto V
- Can be seen driving around the Port of Los Santos.
- One can be found parked near a house in Sandy Shores, only a block north-west from Trevor's Trailer.
Both Mixers are part of the
CARS_CONSTRUCTION" and "
BUILDING_SITE_TRUCKS". Both sets of vehicles commonly appear driving in and out of construction sites or parked around them.
- May be seen driving in or out of the Alta Construction Site onto Power Street, Alta between 05:00 am and 11:00 pm (marker).
- May be seen driving into Hardwood & Lumber Supply and parking at LT Weld Supply Co. between 05:00 am and 12:00 pm (marker).
- May be seen driving into Mirror Park Railyard from Little Bighorn Avenue, Textile City, between 07:00 am and 11:00 am (marker).
- May be seen driving into (between 07:00 am and 11:00 am) or out of (between 15:00 pm and 18:00 pm) a parking lot next to the Los Santos River, south of Mirror Park, on El Rancho Boulevard (/-1072.723/ marker).
- May be seen driving out of an under-construction house on the corner of Vespucci Boulevard and Prosperity Street in Vespucci Canals, between 14:00 pm and 18:00 pm (marker).
- May be seen driving out of an under-construction house at the end of Steele Way in Rockford Hills, between 11:00 am and 18:00 pm (marker).
- May be seen driving out of an under-construction house on Dunstable Lane in Rockford Hills, between 11:00 am and 18:00 pm (marker).
Grand Theft Auto Online
- As of the Arena War update, can be unlocked as a Pegasus vehicle after reaching Sponsorship Tier 300 in Arena War (enhanced version only).
- It will spawn with a Black and White paint job.
- Both chassis of the Mixer are manufactured by HVY, despite only the Biff being manufactured by HVY and the second generation Tipper, which shares the cab of the second generation Mixer, being manufactured by Brute. This is likely a developer oversight.
- The police scanner audio files refer to the vehicle's manufacturer as "skiver", indicating the company name rather than manufacturer.
- Cement Truck - Predecessor of Mixer from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
- Tipper and Biff - Trucks with chassis shared with the Mixer.