This is a comprehensive list of storyline missions in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. There are 100 missions in total (101 including the opening sequence), which makes this game the longest GTA title in the series.
Los Santos Missions
Protagonist Carl Johnson returns home to Los Santos and needs to reestablish himself in the neighborhood. Years previously, the death of his brother, Brian Johnson, was blamed on him by his elder brother, Sweet, and Carl moved away for a fresh start in Liberty City. Following the death of his mother in a drive-by shooting, he returns and decides to stay for good. Missions involve him working for the prominent members of the Grove Street Families: his brother Sweet, the childhood friend and junkie Ryder, and cryptic childhood friend, Big Smoke. Other than those three, CJ participates in illicit street racing with his sister Kendl's boyfriend, Cesar Vialpando, who faces a lot of prejudice from Sweet, who looks down on Cesar being Mexican. CJ also does missions for OG Loc, a GSF associate obsessed with his "gangsta" rapper image but in reality, his crimes range from parking fines to joyriding. Meanwhile, C.R.A.S.H., led by Frank Tenpenny and Eddie Pulaski, exploit CJ into doing their dirty work, under the threat of framing him for Officer Pendelbury's murder, which they committed themselves.
There are 29 missions (including the opening sequence) in Los Santos.
- In the Beginning (given by Carl Johnson) - Watch the opening cutscene, and then make the way back to Grove Street to receive the first mission.
- Big Smoke (given by Carl Johnson) - Meet Big Smoke inside the Johnson House.
- Sweet & Kendl (given by Carl Johnson) - Escape from the Ballas riding a BMX and explore parts of the city of Los Santos.
- Ryder (given by Ryder) - Introduction to barbers, restaurants, and driving cars.
- Tagging Up Turf (given by Sweet Johnson) - Spray over some Ballas tags.
- Cleaning the Hood (given by Sweet Johnson) - Take out drug dealers in the territory of the Grove and assault a Ballas crack den.
- Drive-Thru (given by Sweet Johnson) - Visit Cluckin' Bell and stop the Ballas from getting to Grove Street.
- Nines and AK's (given by Sweet Johnson) - Visit Emmet for some target practice and buy clothes at a Binco shop.
- Drive-By (given by Sweet Johnson) - Perform drive-by shootings on Ballas.
- Sweet's Girl (given by Sweet Johnson) - Save Sweet and his girl from an onslaught of Seville Boulevard Families gang members.
- Cesar Vialpando (given by Sweet Johnson) - Follow Kendl and win the Lowrider Challenge.
- OG Loc (given by Big Smoke) - Pick up OG Loc from jail, chase and kill Freddy, and take OG Loc to Burger Shot.
- Running Dog (given by Big Smoke) - Chase down a Los Santos Vagos gang member.
- Wrong Side of the Tracks (given by Big Smoke) - Disrupt a gang meeting and follow a train.
- Just Business (given by Big Smoke) - Help Big Smoke fight against the Russian Mafia.
- Home Invasion (given by Ryder) - Rob a war veteran for weapons crates.
- Catalyst (given by Ryder) - Steal crates of weapons from a train.
- Robbing Uncle Sam (given by Ryder) - Raid a National Guard base.
- High Stakes, Low Rider (given by Cesar Vialpando) - Race Cesar Vialpando and other racers in the Lowrider Race.
- Life's a Beach (given by OG Loc) - Steal a sound system Pony for OG Loc's house party.
- Madd Dogg's Rhymes (given by OG Loc) - Steal Madd Dogg's rhyme book.
- Management Issues (given by OG Loc) - Kidnap and kill Madd Dogg's manager and his girlfriend.
- House Party (given by OG Loc) - Visit OG Loc's party and protect Grove Street from an attack by the Ballas.
- Burning Desire (given by C.R.A.S.H.) - Burn down a Vagos member's house and rescue a girl.
- Gray Imports (given by C.R.A.S.H.) - Kill a Russian arms dealer.
- Doberman (given by Sweet Johnson) - Take over Glen Park and kill Little Weasel.
- Los Sepulcros (given by Sweet Johnson) - Kill the Ballas gang leader Kane.
- Reuniting the Families (given by Sweet Johnson) - Take Sweet to reunite the Grove Street Families and escape from the police.
- The Green Sabre (given by Sweet Johnson) - Witness Smoke and Ryder's betrayal, then rush to rescue Sweet.
Countryside Missions (Red County, Flint County, Whetstone)
CJ has stumbled onto something that is much bigger than himself. It appears that Grove Street Family member and childhood friend Big Smoke is in an alliance with Tenpenny and helps demolish the established influence and territory of the GSF (allowing the Ballas to take over as the dominant gang in the city) in exchange for money and powerful connections. Tenpenny warns CJ to stay away from Big Smoke otherwise Sweet, who was arrested, will suffer in prison. Tenpenny has a few loose ends that need to be taken care of, and Carl takes care of them while trying to keep himself and his sister out of danger. Unknown to Tenpenny, Carl attempts to gain money and connection with his sister's boyfriend's cousin, Catalina.
There are 14 missions in Angel Pine (4 missions are cutscenes for the robbery missions).
- Badlands (given by C.R.A.S.H.) - Take out a FBI witness for Tenpenny.
- First Date (given by Catalina) - Meet Cesar's cousin. NOTE: Choose a Robbery mission listed below after the cutscene (Tanker Commander is recommended, because this mission is in Dillimore, which is the player's location, removing the need to travel away from and back to Dillimore).
- Tanker Commander (Robbery mission) - Hijack a petrol tanker in Dillimore.
- Body Harvest (given by The Truth) - Steal a Combine Harvester for The Truth.
- King in Exile (given by Cesar Vialpando) - Meet Cesar and Kendl again.
- First Base (given by Catalina) - NOTE: Choose a Robbery mission listed below after the cutscene (Local Liquor Store is recommended).
- Local Liquor Store (Robbery mission) - Rob a liquor store in Blueberry.
- Gone Courting (given by Catalina) - NOTE: Choose a Robbery mission listed below after the cutscene (Against All Odds is recommended).
- Against All Odds (Robbery mission) - Rob the Off-Track Betting shop in Montgomery.
- Made in Heaven (given by Catalina) - NOTE: Choose a Robbery mission listed below after the cutscene (Small Town Bank is recommended).
- Small Town Bank (Robbery mission) - Rob a bank in Palomino Creek.
- Wu Zi Mu (given by Cesar Vialpando) - Race against Wu Zi Mu.
- Farewell, My Love... (given by Cesar Vialpando) - Race against Catalina and her new boyfriend, Claude.
- Are You Going to San Fierro? (given by The Truth) - Burn down The Truth's cannabis plantation and drive to San Fierro.
San Fierro Missions
CJ is starting to build his own name in San Fierro while still working for Tenpenny. The Truth, who used to be Tenpenny's supplier before he was double-crossed by him, introduces him to ordinary people with talents to assist him. Woozie, a Chinese Triad leader whom CJ met at a race, gives him work to further establish himself. With the help of Cesar, The Truth, Woozie, and the others, CJ manages to inflict major damage on the drug trade in Los Santos that provides for Smoke's new empire.
There are 26 missions in San Fierro.
- Wear Flowers in Your Hair (given by Carl Johnson) - Pick up some friends of The Truth, who can help with the garage.
- 555 We Tip (given by C.R.A.S.H.) - Frame a district attorney that is causing Tenpenny problems, by posing as a valet and planting drugs in his car.
- Deconstruction (given by Carl Johnson) - Get revenge on some builders for calling Kendl a hooker by destroying portable buildings and burying the foreman.
- Air Raid (given by Zero; optional, required for 100%) - Defend Zero's transmitters from Berkley's bombers.
- Supply Lines... (given by Zero; optional, required for 100%) - Kill Berkley's delivery boys.
- New Model Army (given by Zero; optional, required for 100%) - Help Zero in an RC war.
- Photo Opportunity (given by Cesar Vialpando) - Photograph the meeting between Ryder and the members of the Loco Syndicate.
- Jizzy (given by Jizzy B.) - Help Jizzy out with his pimping duties.
- T-Bone Mendez (given by Jizzy B.) - Retrieve some stolen cash from bikers.
- Mike Toreno (given by Jizzy B.) - Find and rescue Mike Toreno.
- Mountain Cloud Boys (given by Wu Zi Mu) - Escort Woozie to a Triad meeting, then escape the Da Nang Boys.
- Ran Fa Li (given by Wu Zi Mu) - Steal a car from the airport and take it to a lockup, escaping the Da Nang Boys.
- Lure (given by Wu Zi Mu) - Act as a decoy for Ran Fa Li, and lead the Da Nang Boys on a chase through the countryside.
- Amphibious Assault (given by Wu Zi Mu) - Bug a Da Nang meeting on a boat.
- The Da Nang Thang (given by Wu Zi Mu) - Sneak on board, release some slaves from a boat and kill the Snakehead.
- Outrider (given by Jizzy B.) - Transport drugs past roadblocks.
- Snail Trail (given by C.R.A.S.H.) - Snipe a journalist and his contact.
- Ice Cold Killa (given by Carl Johnson) - Break into the Pleasure Domes and kill Jizzy B.
- Pier 69 (given by Cesar Vialpando) - Raid a deal between the Ballas and the Loco Syndicate to kill T-Bone Mendez and Ryder.
- Toreno's Last Flight (given by Wu Zi Mu) - Shoot down Mike Toreno's helicopter.
- Yay Ka-Boom-Boom (given by Wu Zi Mu) - Blow up a drug factory.
- Back to School (School; optional, needed for 100%) - Learn some advanced driving techniques.
- Zeroing In (given by Cesar Vialpando; optional, needed for 100%) - Steal a car with a tracking system.
- Test Drive (given by Cesar Vialpando; optional, needed for 100%) - Steal and test some racing cars with Cesar.
- Customs Fast Track (given by Cesar Vialpando; optional, needed for 100%) - Steal a car from a container at the docks and beat the security guards.
- Puncture Wounds (given by Cesar Vialpando; optional, needed for 100%) - Use stingers to steal a Stratum.
Desert Missions (Bone County, Tierra Robada)
Mike Toreno, a member of a clandestine government organization who CJ originally thought to be involved with the drug ring, reveals that it was a decoy of himself that CJ killed in a previous mission. Mike reveals that the Loco Syndicate was a front to finance his agency's operations in Latin America. Toreno tells CJ the truth about Tenpenny's crimes. In return for the assurance that Toreno will keep Sweet safe while in prison and try to use his connections to release him, CJ will need to do missions for Toreno. This will also serve as a way for CJ to make up for sabotaging Toreno's drug peddling operation. Meanwhile, in the desert, The Truth and CJ do missions involving alien cover-ups by the military.
There are 9 storyline missions in the desert.
- Monster (given by Mike Toreno) - Complete a time trial in a Monster Truck.
- Highjack (given by Mike Toreno) - Hijack a tanker and drive it back to Doherty with Cesar Vialpando.
- Interdiction (given by Mike Toreno) - Escort and protect Toreno's helicopter, then take the contraband dropped by it.
- Verdant Meadows (given by Mike Toreno) - Purchase the Verdant Meadows airstrip in Bone County.
- Learning to Fly (School; optional, needed for 100%) - Complete the ten Pilot School courses.
- N.O.E. (given by Mike Toreno) - Fly under the radar to Angel Pine and back.
- Stowaway (given by Mike Toreno) - Destroy a government plane.
- Black Project (given by The Truth) - Enter Area 69, and steal the Black Project.
- Green Goo (given by The Truth) - Steal the Green Goo from a train.
Las Venturas Missions
In Las Venturas, Woozie is about to open a new casino, but it becomes clear that the Sindacco Family, 1/3 of the owners of the Caligula's Casino, is trying to sabotage the Four Dragons. CJ and Woozie plot not only to send the Sindaccos a message but also heist Caligula's. Meanwhile, Truth's connections lead him to Ken Rosenberg, a lawyer in charge of the business dealings of Caligula's, and later on, Salvatore Leone, Don of the Leone family. CJ gains the trust of the Salvatore to gain inside access, and also to help Ken escape the life-and-death situation of his job. Meanwhile, CJ saves Mad Dogg from attempting to jump from a building (after going drunk due to his career being over - ironically because CJ secretly stole Mad Dogg's rhyme book).
There are 19 storyline missions in Las Venturas.
- Fender Ketchup (Triad mission) - Scare Johnny Sindacco by driving around with him on the car's windscreen.
- Explosive Situation (Triad mission) - Steal dynamite from the Hunter Quarry.
- You've Had Your Chips (Triad mission) - Destroy the Sindacco's fake casino chip-making machines.
- Don Peyote (Triad mission) - Rescue Maccer and Kent Paul from the desert and bring them to Caligula's Palace, escaping the snake farmers.
- Architectural Espionage (Robbery mission; optional, needed for 100%) - Steal the blueprint for Caligula's Casino.
- Key to Her Heart (Robbery mission; optional, needed for 100%) - Gain the affections of Millie Perkins to gain a keycard for the casino.
- Dam and Blast (Robbery mission; optional, needed for 100%) - Plant explosive charges on the Sherman Dam, thus disabling the power during the upcoming heist.
- Cop Wheels (Robbery mission; optional, needed for 100%) - Steal four HPV 1000 police bikes.
- Up, Up and Away! (Robbery mission; optional, needed for 100%) - Steal an armored truck using a Leviathan obtained from the K.A.C.C. military depot.
- Intensive Care (Mafia mission) - Rescue Johnny Sindacco from the Forelli Family in an ambulance.
- The Meat Business (Mafia mission) - Escape from the Sindaccos in the meat factory.
- Fish in a Barrel (Triad mission) - Take co-ownership of the Four Dragons Casino.
- Madd Dogg (given by Madd Dogg) - Rescue Madd Dogg from a suicide attempt.
- Freefall (Mafia mission) - Intercept, board, empty, and land a plane full of Forellis.
- Misappropriation (given by C.R.A.S.H.) - Kill some federal agents in Bone County, and steal a dossier.
- High Noon (given by C.R.A.S.H.) - Chase and kill Eddie Pulaski.
- Saint Mark's Bistro (Mafia mission) - Fly to Liberty City and kill Marco Forelli and his men.
- Breaking the Bank at Caligula's (Robbery mission; optional, needed for 100%) - Rob Caligula's Casino and escape back to the airstrip.
- A Home in the Hills (Triad mission) - Retake Madd Dogg's Crib and kill Big Poppa.
Return to Los Santos Missions
CJ has it all now. After helping Toreno with illegal government missions, Toreno fulfills his promise and uses his connections to release Sweet. CJ wants Sweet to join him in Las Venturas and his business in San Fierro, but Sweet wants to re-establish the GSF territory, and with the help of CJ, they do. Tenpenny gets arrested for his crimes to Los Santos, but with the lack of evidence (Pulaski killed Hernandez, and CJ killed Pulaski and many other people who could be used as key witnesses under Tenpenny's orders), Tenpenny is released, making the people turn Los Santos into a rioting city. Amidst the dangerous rioters and fires, CJ manages to find Tenpenny and Smoke, kills Smoke, and chases Tenpenny until he gets into a car accident that kills him.
There are 8 story missions in Los Santos after the return.
- Vertical Bird (given by Mike Toreno) - Steal a Hydra from an aircraft carrier and use it to destroy some spy boats.
- Home Coming (given by Mike Toreno) - Pick Sweet up from the police station, take out some drug dealers, and reclaim Ganton from the Ballas.
- Cut Throat Business (given by Madd Dogg) - Chase OG Loc to reclaim Madd Dogg's music.
- Beat Down on B Dup (given by Sweet Johnson) - Start a gang war to re-claim Glen Park, and confront B Dup.
- Grove 4 Life (given by Sweet Johnson) - Claim two areas of Idlewood from the Ballas.
- Riot (given by Carl Johnson) - Drive to Grove Street from the mansion and witness the riot.
- Los Desperados (given by Sweet Johnson) - Retake Varrios Los Aztecas territory from the Vagos.
- End of the Line (given by Sweet Johnson) - Take out Big Smoke in his crack palace and chase down Frank Tenpenny to end things once and for all.