- "C'mon Cipriani, what, you think I'm here to whack you?"
- ― Mickey Hamfists
Mickey "Mick" Hamfists is a minor character in Grand Theft Auto III and a supporting character in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. He is a member of the Leone Family and the bodyguard of Luigi Goterelli.
Mickey is voiced in GTA Liberty City Stories by Chris Tardio, who has also appeared in The Sopranos. The voice actor for his appearance in GTA III is not credited.
Mickey Hamfists was born in Liberty City and, at some point, joined the Liberty City based Leone Family. He begins to rise up the ranks and becoming involved in racketeering and narcotics, both of which he was convicted for, as well as assault.
He and Toni Cipriani accompanied Joseph Daniel O'Toole to his making ceremony at the Harwood Autocrusher and Junkyard, where Hamfists shot O'Toole in the back of the head, reasoning that Salvatore Leone wouldn't have trusted him, and that he could've potentially turned against the Leones as he did to the Sindaccos if he became discontent with the former them as like before with the latter. He then instructed Toni to dispose of O'Toole's body in the sea and was dropped off at his home in Portland View. Mickey later drives Toni to his making ceremony, where a nervous Toni is relieved to see the Don, Salvatore Leone.
Mickey Hamfists continues in his role with the Leone Family and, by 2001, begins to work as Luigi Goterelli's bodyguard and works primarily at Luigi's Sex Club 7 in the Red Light District. Mickey meets Claude whilst he is being employed by Goterelli and, at one point, gives him a letter from Luigi.
- Joseph Daniel O'Toole - Killed because he reasoned that Salvatore Leone wouldn't have trusted him, and that he could've became a liability to the Leones and turn against them, as he did with the Sindaccos.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
- Grand Theft Auto III
- Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
- He is described as a "moron" in the Liberty City Police Department police files.
- In GTA III, he has only one line of spoken dialogue.