— Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Website.
The Meat Cleaver is a large knife purposed primarily for butchers to cut slabs of meat into thinner slices. In both games, it can be used as a melee weapon.
Like other melee weapons in the game, the Meat Cleaver can damage cars and people, leaving the victim bleeding, with a trail of blood dropping on the ground.
Statistic-wise, it appears to be identical to the Machete in terms of damage, but has a slightly lower range.
3D Universe Overview
(m / ft)
|Reload Mechanism||Reload Speed|
|24 (GTA Vice City)||250 (GTA Vice City)||1.9 / 6.2 (GTA Vice City)||1000 (GTA Vice City)||N/A||100 (GTA Vice City)|
|N/A||N/A||Cannot be determined||N/A||N/A||0.1 second|
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Vice Point, Vice Beach - Behind The Well Stacked Pizza Co.
- North Point Mall, Vice Point, Vice Beach - Available to buy from Tooled Up for $50.
- Washington Beach, Vice Beach - Available to buy from Bunch of Tools for $50.
- Little Havana, Vice City Mainland - Available to buy from Screw This for $50.
- The Meat Cleaver is dropped by a chef during the mission "Back Alley Brawl."
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
- Chinatown, Portland Island - Available in the middle of the only-pedestrian alley in Chinatown next to a noodle stand
- Some Triads can be seen wielding the meat cleaver.
- The Meat Cleaver was originally supposed to be in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, but was cut in development [ ].