|Not to be confused with Marked Men, a mission in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories.|
- "This is it! I'm in way over my head and I'm starting to drown here! The CIA seems to have a vested interest in SPANK and they don't like me screwing with The Cartel! I'm a marked man! So I'm getting out of here!"
- ― Ray Machowski
Marked Man is the final mission in Grand Theft Auto III given to protagonist Claude by corrupt police officer Ray Machowski from the toilet block at the Belleville Park district of Staunton Island, Liberty City.
Claude drops by the toilet block in Belleville Park. Ray tells Claude that he is a "marked man" and needs to escape Liberty City. He wants Claude to take him to the Francis International Airport so he can catch his plane out of the city to Miami. If Claude successfully drives Ray to the airport, Ray will reward him some items.
Claude and Ray have 3 minutes to their way to the airport. However, the Shoreside Lift Bridge is guarded by CIA agents (who are armed with M16s and are able to survive up over twice the amount of damage), so Claude finds an alternate route, one being the Porter Tunnel. Claude drives through the Porter Tunnel, and he and Ray eventually reach the airport to allow Ray to catch his flight. Once they reach the airport, Ray gives Claude the keys to a lockup in Newport, and enters the airport. Claude drives back to the lockup and when he arrives, Ray pages Claude asking him to take care of the bulletproof Patriot. Other equipment, including a rocket launcher, a sniper rifle, an M16, and a flamethrower, as well as some money, are also stored in the lockup as a gift from Ray to Claude.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- The CIA have the bridge under surveillance, find another route across
- Go over to the lockup and collect Ray's stash
The reward for completing the mission is $20,000 and the items stored in Ray's lockup, including a bulletproof Patriot and another $20,000.
- Although it is generally not recommended for players to take the Shoreside Lift Bridge route due the presence of three checkpoints of hostile CIA agents with high-powered M16s, it is still possible for them to fight their way through the bridge to reach the airport.
- The mission is the only one in GTA III to mention Miami, as development of its fictional counterpart, Vice City, had yet to commence.