Marco's Bistro is an Italian restaurant located in Saint Mark's, Portland Island, Liberty City. It is featured in Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, Grand Theft Auto Advance, briefly in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, and in the opening scene of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
The restaurant was most likely a shared turf by the Leone and the Forelli families. Although it appears to be named after Marco Forelli suggesting that the official owners (until at least 1992) are in fact the Forellis.
The timeline of the restaurant as indicated in the games where it is featured is as follows:
- In 1986, Sonny Forelli and a couple of his associates sit inside Marco's Bistro and discuss how best to deal with the release of Tommy Vercetti after 15 years inside. The interior is also depicted as having a meat freezer similar to that of the Sindacco Abattoir with large carcasses waiting to be cut and the corpse of one man hanging from one of the racks.
- In 1992, Salvatore Leone ordered his mercenary, Carl Johnson, to go to the Bistro to kill the new family don, Marco Forelli.
- By 1998, the front is owned by the Leones as a Mafia Sentinel appears around the front, and because they are the only Mafia family controlling the areas surrounding Saint Mark's in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. The Forelli's main base is the neighborhood of Fort Staunton in Staunton Island.
- In 2001, where Grand Theft Auto III takes place, the Forellis are weakened considerably and instead known as the Forelli brothers. During the same time, their only known front is Marco's Bistro, noted as Mike "Lips" Forelli is seen there. Under orders of Joey Leone, Mike's car gets rigged with a bomb set by Claude, killing him, sparking a war between the remnants of the Forellis and the Leones that leads to heavy tolls on both sides of the conflict. The restaurant's slogan in GTA III is "Eat till you explode!", an ironic reference to Mike Forelli's death.
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto Advance
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- In GTA Vice City, Marco's Bistro's interior is actually in the Ocean View Hotel.
- In GTA Advance, Marco's Bistro appears a bit different than in GTA III and GTA Liberty City Stories due to the Game Boy Advance's limitations. The parking entrance is on the south side, and the back alley's ground seems to be made of dirt.
- In GTA San Andreas, Marco's Bistro has a small back lot with dumpsters and small trees and a wall around it, but in GTA III and GTA Liberty City Stories, this back lot is absent and is replaced by a large empty area behind the building.
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories is the only game in the 3D Universe that does not feature the Marco's Bistro, either in game or cutscenes.
- A picture of Carlo Gambino can be seen during "An Old Friend" in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
- Rockstar has jokingly described the cannoli at Marco's Bistro as "stale as hell".