- — In-game description
Mafiya Work is a multiplayer game mode in Grand Theft Auto IV consisting of two to sixteen players working under the direction of the Russian Mob Boss Kenny Petrovic via their cellphones, the player will compete against other players in a series of mini-missions.
The objective is to complete all missions asigned to you by Kenny Petrovic. He will call you via your cellphone and he will give you any objective to complete, which could range from killing rival mob members, destroying various objects, machines, or vehicles, picking up and dropping off family members, and many other mini-missions. Once one objective has been completed by any player, the next one will immeadiately begin, so all missions happen in real time. Each mission grants money, so players win by having the most amount money from mission by the end of the Time Limit by reaching the money limit first, or being the last remaining person in the game.
The Host can change a number of factors including:
- A Time Limit or a Money Limit
- The area the players will play in (will only be the 5 main boroughs which are Alderney, Algonquin, Broker/Dukes or Bohan)
- The type of weapons available to players
- The Weather and Time of the Day
- Whether the Map will show blips of all players, far players, near player, or no blips at all
- The Respawn Time
The money reward at the end of the match depends on the amount of missions completed by the players. (Usually you earn $250-$750 for completing a task.)
- Do not worry as much about killing enemy players as getting objectives completed. If you kill an enemy player, you get $100, however, you get at least $250 per objective.
- Having a vehicle is a must for playing this. In order to get around, try to stick with fast vehicles such as the Infernus, Turismo, or Banshee (if available).
- Four-door vehicles are also useful, mainly in escort objectives, as you can carry the VIP for support fire.
- Motorcycles aren't the best way to travel around because while being fast, your motorcyle could hit a car and will make you project out of the motorcylcle. Use motorcycles only for improvisation.
- If there are several objectives present, go for the nearest one. However, if there's a lot of crowd at the objective, go for those which are farther, it potentially pays off.
- Try to keep an Assault Rifle while playing this to have more range than your opponent(s).
- Kenny Petrovic will occasionally give missions where picking up fast vehicles or powerful weapons he has will give the player a cash reward and a way to either move around or finish future jobs.