Led by Mexican Martin Madrazo and his family, the gang muscle is mainly made up of young Hispanic men of Guatemalan origin. Gang muscle are seen wearing distinctive Flying Bravo polo shirts of varying colors and designs, usually with numbers on the sleeves. Internal character models are named "Pologoon" reflecting their common wardrobe. Higher up members of the gang do not wear these shirts and sometimes use the same models as the Vagos and the Armenian Mob. Like the Aztecas, many of the cartel members re-use the Vagos members dialogue.
The cartel members at La Fuente Blanca will not be immediately hostile to the player unless the player stays in their vicinity too long. Verbal warnings will be given before any aggressive response is encountered.
Events in Grand Theft Auto Online
- "Mr. Madrazo... Mr. Madrazo is a legitimate businessman. He was wrongfully accused of... running a Mexican-American gang and a narcotic ring, but the charges were dropped because of the witnesses came up... missing."
- ―Franklin Clinton to Michael De Santa in Marriage Counseling explaining some of the events of GTA Online.
Even thought The Cartel is allied with the online player, they can also be one of the gangs who the players target to steal raw materials for their business in the Bikers, Gunrunning and Smuggler's Run resupply missions. They can also appear in the Nightclub promotion missions, added with the Arena War update, where they chase the player once stolen supplies are retaken from the Vagos.
The Cartel reappear in the DLC GTA Online: The Diamond Casino & Resort where the players must find a container of slot machines in the their possession and bring them to the Casino.
Events in Grand Theft Auto V
La Fuente Blanca, a ranch owned by Martin Madrazo, serves as the Madrazo Cartel's main area of operation. Cartel members can be seen standing guard or patrolling the ranch. Martin also owns a house in Vinewood Hills, which appears in many online missions and a rural lock-up north of La Fuente Blanca.
Members and Associates
- Martin Madrazo - Boss
- Juan - Chief Lieutenant
- El Estupido - Unknown position
- Javier Madrazo - Unknown position (possibly gunman)
- Oscar Guzman - Arms smuggling contact
- Online Player - Hired gun
- Michael De Santa - Hired gun (formerly)
- Franklin Clinton - Hired gun (formerly)
- Trevor Philips - Hired gun (formerly)
Diamond Casino & Resort
- ↑ Dialog has members referring to each other using the slang word "Chapine" which is slang for a person from Guatemala. They can also be heard saying "Viva Guatemala". Slang also references the gang as being called the "Guatemaltecos"