Love's Disappearance is the last mission in Grand Theft Auto III given to protagonist Claude by media tycoon and businessman Donald Love from the Love Media building in the Bedford Point district of Staunton Island, Liberty City.
Claude enters the Love Media building's roof. He notices nobody is there and as he examines the empty penthouse he stumbles upon the box that Donald Love had previously made him retrieve, which is now empty. Claude leaves and the fates of Donald and the Oriental Gentleman are left ambiguous.
- There is a bug in this mission. If the player goes to the marker and then presses a movement button, it would make the Mission Complete sound in an endless loop, although saving the game would fix it.
- It was rumoured that in the Beta version there was a mission involving bombing the Love Media Building and killing Donald Love. However, this was denied by Rockstar Games.
- The original mission was supposed to have a plane crash into Donald's building. This was confirmed by Rockstar, but it was removed due to terrorists being the one crashing the plane, because of 9/11.
- Although Love's death is definite in the Beta versions, he is later seen in a newspaper article GTA IV and a star in the Vinewood Walk of Fame strongly suggest that Love did in fact flee from Liberty, and he remains alive.
- ↑ http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/19981/grand-theft-auto-iii-your-questions-answered-part-two-911-the-gh.html>