The Los Santos Vagos, also known as LSV or the Vagos, are a large Mexican street gang appearing in Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online. They are said to be the largest Hispanic street gang in Los Santos and are rumored to have connections with some major Mafia groups, according to The Underbelly Of Paradise TV program. Vagos are supporters of LS Pounders football team, as they wear different clothes with their logos and a yellow colour to match.
In spite of their common street thug appearance, the Vagos are an extremely powerful multinational decentralized criminal network. Their principal interest is drug trafficking, but they have diversified into mid-level distribution, end users sales and other contraband.
Many of the Vagos' upper leaders are currently incarcerated, but still run their network through cellphones. Their hierarchy is flat but highly competitive, which means if one leader is eliminated, many more will be ready to take over their place.
The Los Santos Vagos are the largest Mexican Gang of Los Santos and are separated into three sets. The three sets of the Vagos are:
- North Side Vagos (NSV): Controls the north side of Rancho. They are probably at war with the Varrios Los Aztecas, due to Northern Rancho being an Azteca territory, too. They sometimes can be seen in the northern part of Jamestown Street and also in the territories of the Original LS set.
- Original LS Vagos (OLSV): Controls the south side of Rancho. They are probably at war with the Ballas, mainly the South Rancho Ballas set, due to the proximity of the territories. They can be seen in the southern part of Jamestown Street.
- East Side Vagos (ESV): Controls the Cypress Flats and also the east side of Rancho. They can be seen in the Central Cypress Flats and also in the territories of the other sets.
The Vagos control almost the entire neighborhood of Rancho. However, the Varrios Los Aztecas are sometimes seen in northern Rancho. Jamestown Street and the Rancho Projects in the southern part of Rancho are particular hotspots for Vagos activity, as well as various backalleys like Cypress Flats. In the storyline mission, Repossession, Vagos are found in Vespucci Beach. However, after the mission is completed, Vagos will be replaced by Marabunta Grande.
Los Santos Vagos members can be seen drinking, driving cars, hanging out in groups of 2-5 on the sidewalk, smoking cigarettes and marijuana and drinking Pißwasser. They are easily identified by their modern urban attire. Although LSV is characterized as a largely Mexican American street gang, they also include members of Guatemalan origin.
Events of Grand Theft Auto Online
Prior to the events of GTA V, the Vagos are heavily involved in drug trafficking with several gangs around the state. They are mostly the main enemies as seen in the missions given by Gerald, they are often found in negotiations with The Lost MC and other unnamed professional drug-dealing crews. They show a rivalry to The Families during the mission No Hay Bronca where they kidnap Stanley. During this mission, the Vagos suffer their most grievous massacre, where several members died, their cars are destroyed, and their unnamed leader is killed, everything on orders by Gerald.
Besides the drug trafficking, they appear during the missions No Smoking and Gassed Up, and during the mission El Burro Heists, where Simeon Yetarian gave credit to one Vagos member but he refused to pay back.
During the heist setup mission Prison Break - Plane, the crew must steal an Velum that is being guarded in the McKenzie Field Hangar by members of the Vagos. Confirming that they controlled the airfield before it was sold to Oscar Guzman, and then this to Trevor Philips.
Later, they appear again the Series A - Trash Truck mission, where they try to kill the GTA Online Protagonist's before they pick some trash bags with molly pills inside it, they also appear in the Series A Funding finale, attacking Trevor and the GTA Online Protagonists along with all the other gangs that were ripped off by them.
The Vagos are the main antagonist's group of GTA Online: Lowriders. where several high-ranking members, including boss Edgar Carlos, are killed by the GTA Online Protagonist under Lamar Davis's orders.
Events of Grand Theft Auto V
The Vagos have a short appearance in GTA V. They appear during the mission Repossession, where the member Esteban Jimenez hasn't made a payment for the bike that Simeon gave credit. Lamar and Franklin go to the location where the member usually parks the bike, but both realize that the bike isn't parked in the garage. Around five Vagos members show up irritating the duo and asking what they are looking for. Lamar points a gun at one member and kills him. A shootout ensues between them and a huge wave of Vagos. After all the members are dead, Lamar prefers to keep the bike for him and Franklin, instead of giving back to Simeon, as Lamar felt upset when Franklin has been awarded Employee of the Month, and not him.
They also later appear in Trevor's second rampage mission.
Events of Grand Theft Auto Online (after GTA V)
In the After Hours update, the Vagos appear in certain Nightclub Management missions as enemies, either when they steal trucks of alcohol from the protagonists or under the management of the Bahama Mamas
The Vagos reappear in the The Diamond Casino Heist update, having their Los Santos clubhouse as one of the locations that the Player can steal unmarked weapons from. During the heist finale, they are one of the potential buyers that the players can choose.
The Vagos also appear in The Contract update, as their leader has leaked some of Dr. Dre's unreleased music. Vernon and P unite the Families and Ballas in order to attack the Vagos and retreive the stolen music.
- Edgar Carlos †
- Jose Carlos †
- Pedro Carlos †
- Mateo Brothers †
- North Side Vagos leader †
- Vagos Driver †
- Esteban Jimenez †
- Luis Francesco (possibly)
- Gustavo Mota (formerly)
- Pedro Luna
- Alphonse †
- Jose †
- Little Al †
- Luis †
Grand Theft Auto V
Grand Theft Auto Online
- Flood in the LS River
- Pier Pressure
- No Hay Bronca
- Gassed Up
- El Burro Heists
- No Smoking
- Chumash and Grab
- Dish the Dirt
- Deal Breaker
- Where Credit's Due
- Crystal Clear Out
- Crystal Clear Out III
- GTA Today
- The Parking Garage
- Denial of Service
- Dispatch IV
- Dispatch V
The Diamond Casino Heist
- Heist Prep: Unmarked Weapons
- Casino Heist - Aggressive (if chosen as the buyers)
- Casino Heist- The Big Con (if chosen as the buyers)
- Casino Heist - Silent & Sneaky (if chosen as the buyers)
Los Santos Tuners
- South Central Leak
- Security Contract: Gang Termination
- Security Contract: Vehicle Recovery
- Short Trip - Seed Capital
- Short Trip - Fire It Up
- Short Trip - OG Kush
- VK/Vago Killer/Vago Killa- Disrespect term (used by The Families, Ballas, and Varrios Los Aztecas)
- Va-Hoes- Disrespect term
- Vago (noun) is Spanish for slacker.
- A real-life outlaw motorcycle club called the Vagos exists, operating in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
- Their favorite radio station is East Los FM.
- They could possibly be based on various Sureño street gangs given their unique Mexican gangster style and also many members have shaved heads similar to Sureños in real life.
- In GTA Online, defeating the Vagos within five Gang Attacks in one session will result in a price being put on the player's head. A Vagos shot-caller named Edgar Carlos will send a threatening text message prior to placing the hit: "What the fuck do you think you're playing at, Puto! You'll pay for this."
- Despite being enemies, some of the Vagos can work for the players if they buy the document forgery in The Bikers DLC.