- "I always keep weapons hidden in dumpsters all over the city for emergencies just like this."
- ―Ling Shan
Events of GTA Chinatown Wars
- "Shit! Get us out of here alive, Huang, and I'll marry you! Yes - I know about sarcasm."
- ―Ling to Huang
After Huang Lee arrives in Liberty City, he gets the order to find a crew that was watching a group of undercover cops. When Huang arrives there, he finds out that Ling was the only survivor of an LCPD attack. After a quick talk, the police arrive again and Huang loses the heat, and then drives to his apartment. Ling then drives the car back to Wu Lee.
- "Ling... What the fuck?!"
- ―Huang to Ling after her death
She then got the order to teach Huang combat and to wield a weapon. After doing so, they had to protect a shop from thugs. However, Ling was swiftly shot by one of them, and died in an alley. An ambulance is used to transport her away at the end of the mission as depicted in a cutscene.
Prominent Appearances in Missions
- Despite being one of the main marketing images for the game (her artworks in a red dress), her role in the game is relatively small. This can suggest that she originally was supposed to have bigger role in the game, as characters having many artworks often have a bigger role in the storyline.
- According to the game manual, Ling's number is 555-232-6666.