- "This is the home of the classic raging rock."
- — GTA IV Website
- "The inimitable Iggy Pop, the godfather of punk and garage rock, returns with more classic raging rock for the masses."
- — The Lost and Damned Website
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
Exclusive for The Lost and Damned
Upon inspection of GTA IV's and The Lost and Damned's "american.gxt", the following songs are found, which suggests they were due to appear in the game but did not make it to the final version.
- The Rolling Stones - "Fingerprint File" (1974)
- The Rolling Stones - "Under My Thumb" (1966)
- Elvis Costello - "Radio Radio" (1978)
- Steppenwolf - "Ride With Me" (1971)
- Tubeway Army - "Bombers" (1978)
- Nazareth - "Changin' Times" (1975)
- Black Oak Arkansas - "Hot and Nasty" (1971)
- Breakwater - "Release the Beast" (1980)
- New York Dolls - "Private World" (1973)
- The Doobie Brothers - "Long Train Runnin'" (1973)
- Warren Zevon - "Lawyers, Guns and Money" (1978)
- Python Lee Jackson - "In a Broken Dream" (1970)
- Rare Earth - "(I Know) I'm Losing You" (1970)
- Robin Trower - "Day of the Eagle" (1974)
- Billy Squier - "The Stroke" (1981)
- Ted Nugent - "Hey Baby" (1975)
- The Cult - "Born to Be Wild" (1987)
- Love and Rockets - "Motorcycle" (1989)
- Motörhead - "Ace of Spades" (1980)
- Iron Maiden - "The Trooper" (1983)
- Mötley Crüe - "Kickstart My Heart" (1989)
- Judas Priest - "Breaking the Law" (1980)
- Lou Reed - "Vicious" (1972)
A French preview suggested that a third song by The Rolling Stones would be used on Liberty Rock Radio. However, only two tracks are present in the american.gxt file.
- Radio Station
- The station plays at the following locations
- Individual Songs
- "Cry" by Godley & Creme is featured in the PC trailer for Grand Theft Auto IV
- "Wild Side" by Mötley Crüe features in the second trailer for The Lost and Damned.
- "Highway Star" by Deep Purple automatically plays during "Clean and Serene", the first mission of The Lost and Damned, when the player picks Billy Grey up from rehab.
- "New York Groove" by Hello plays during the end credits of GTA IV.
- "Every Picture Tells a Story" by Rod Stewart, "Touch Too Much" by AC/DC and "China Grove" by the Doobie Brothers play during the end credits for The Lost and Damned.
- One of the station's stingers contains the opening few seconds of "Dead in Hollywood" by the Murderdolls. Other stingers contain the opening riff of "I Don't Wanna Be Me" by Type O Negative and the bass riff of "No Way" by Korn.
- "Dominon" by The Sisters of Mercy, "I Wanna Be Your Dog" by The Stooges and "Remedy" by The Black Crowes play in the background during Iggy's dialogue in-between songs.
- "I Wanna Be Your Dog" by The Stooges is incorrectly credited by ZiT solely to Iggy Pop.
- When "Five to One" comes on, Iggy sometimes introduces The Doors as "The band that Vice City tried to arrest". This is a reference to a Doors concert in Miami (Vice City's real counterpart) in 1969 at the Dinner Key Auditorium where singer Jim Morrison allegedly exposed himself to the audience along with using obscenities which resulted in his arrest and a court trial in 1970.
- During his monologues, Iggy Pop can say: "You know what I hate? Peanut butter. It sticks to your nipples". This is a reference to the concerts of The Stooges, where Iggy Pop was coated with peanut butter.
- A sticker of the station's logo can be seen on the abandoned skateboarding store near Popular Street Unit 124 in Grand Theft Auto V.
- It's Unleashed FM - a hard rock and alternative rock radio station in GTA.
- King 130.7 - a punk and hard rock radio station in GTA 2.
- Flash FM - a radio station in GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories that plays other songs by Genesis and the Electric Light Orchestra.
- V-Rock - a hard rock and heavy metal radio station in GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories that plays other songs by Mötley Crüe and Iron Maiden.
- Emotion 98.3 - a power ballad radio station in GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories that plays a song by Phil Collins of Genesis as a solo artist.
- Wave 103 - a new wave and post-punk radio station in GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories.
- K-DST - a classic rock radio station in GTA San Andreas that plays other songs by David Bowie, Heart, The Who, Rod Stewart, Foghat, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Steve Marriott with Humble Pie.
- Radio X - an alternative rock and grunge radio station in GTA San Andreas.
- Liberty City Hardcore - a hardcore radio station in GTA IV and extreme metal in GTA Episodes From Liberty City.
- Radio Broker - an alternative rock radio station in GTA IV and GTA Episodes From Liberty City.
- Prairie Cartel - an alternative rock instrumentals radio station in GTA Chinatown Wars.
- Tortoise - a post-rock instrumentals radio station in GTA Chinatown Wars.
- Anvil - a heavy metal instrumentals radio station in GTA Chinatown Wars.
- Vinewood Boulevard Radio - an alternative rock radio station in GTA V.
- Los Santos Rock Radio - a classic rock radio station in GTA V that plays other songs by Phil Collins, Bob Seger, Queen, Elton John, Stevie Nicks, Humble Pie, ZZ Top and The Doobie Brothers.
- Channel X - a punk and hardcore radio station in GTA V.