|For the vehicle in Grand Theft Auto V, see The Liberator.|
- "An Old Oriental Gentleman I know has been kept hostage by some South Americans in Aspatria. They're trying to extort additional funds from me, but I don't believe in renegotiation. A deal is a deal..."
- ― Donald Love
Claude goes to see Donald Love, who thanks him for dealing with a "personal matter". He also informs Claude of knowing an "Old Oriental Gentleman" who is now kidnapped by the Colombian Cartel and he wants Claude to rescue him from a Cartel compound in Aspatria.
Realizing that the only way to enter the compound is by entering with a Cartel Cruiser, Claude goes to Fort Staunton, steals one, drives to the compound and is automatically allowed inside the compound, but is quickly recognized by the Colombians. Claude quickly reacts and takes all the Colombians out before finding the Old Oriental Gentleman in one of several garages (in each of which at least one Cartel member is hiding). Once all the Colombians are dead, he gets in a car with the Oriental Gentleman and takes him back to Donald Love, completing the mission.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go 'jack' a Columbian gang car, so you can infiltrate the hideout, head north and you'll find one in Fort Staunton
- Rescue the Old Oriental Gentleman
- Take the Old Oriental Gentleman back to Donald Love's building
- While it is possible to enter the Cartel compound without a Cartel Cruiser by jumping over the gate using a large vehicle, the compound remains empty and non-interactive until the player is driving a Cartel Cruiser.
- The Oriental Gentleman that Claude must rescue in this mission also appears in the game's intro cutscene. He was kidnapped when the Colombian Cartel stopped the SWAT van that Claude and 8-Ball were in.
- The same compound appears in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories mission Shogun Showdown, which was once owned by the Yakuzas.
- This is the only time where Cartel Cruisers are parked inside the compound.