Road signage indicates that the town has a population of 211 in 1992. The town sits on a cliff, with Verdant Meadows visible in the valley below. The town's most prominent feature is a large model chicken with a constantly bobbing head. When entering the town from the either side (east or west), a sign is visible, reading: "Las Payasadas, home of "The Big Pecker", The World's Largest Cock".
The name Las Payasadas translates roughly from Spanish to horseplay, clowning around, or antics, a possible reference to the lack of seriousness afforded to this town owing to its giant chicken.
This town is loosely based on Kingman, Arizona.
Places of Interest
- Bobcat (occasionally)
- Glendale (Beater)
- Mr. Whoopee (occasionally)
- Brass Knuckles (behind a small house next to the central building)
- Body Armor (on the roof of Pecker's Feed & Seed)
- Police Bribe (in an alley between a small house and the central building)
- Two Unique Stunt Jumps
- Sprunk and Snacks vending machines
- Chilli Dogs seller (facing east of the giant chicken)
- In the map that comes with the game, the town is misspelled as "Las Payasdas". Another error is shown on a sign in Valle Ocultado, reading the town's name as "La Payasadas".
- Before the western approach into this town, there is a small dirt road that leads to the road leading to an unused building. This road, although small, has an unusually high volume of traffic using it.