- "A quaint desert town steeped in local history, home to preserved Hopi ruins and the terrible setting of the Barrancas Mass Grave. In 1842, the 66th Cavalry, under the command of Colonel Henry Bolt, was stationed in nearby Fort Carson when they answered a call for help from homesteaders under attack from bandits. Riding to the rescue, the whole force fell down a hole. It is said that the sound of a hundred horses can be heard riding through the town at midnight..."
- ―San Andreas website description.
Las Barrancas (meaning The Cliffs in Spanish) is a small town located in southeastern Tierra Robada, San Andreas that appears in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. The population is estimated to be 68 residents. It sits south of Sherman Dam, due west of The Big Ear, and northwest of Fort Carson. This isolated town contains the remains of a Native American pueblo carved into the side of a rocky outgrowth at the east end of town. There is also an old cemetery in the heart of the town, mostly demolished.
- Unnamed Bank
- Dam Camper RV Park
- Tee Pee Motel
- Secret Valley
- The Smokin' Beef Grill restaurant
- Trading Post Gift & Souvenir
- Oyster under the south bridge to town.
Places of Interest
This town is possibly based on Overton, Nevada.