- — Kalem to Niko Bellic.
Kalem is an Albanian criminal based in Broker, Liberty City. He is an enforcer for the Albanian Mob and associated with Dardan Petrela and Bledar Morina, two higher-ranking members of the mob. He appears to serve as an extra muscle in their loan shark business.
Events of GTA IV
- — Kalem to Niko.
When Roman Bellic, who owes money to Dardan, can't repay the debt, Bledar and Kalem take him out to the basketball courts in Firefly Projects, and begin to beat him up, despite Roman's pleas that he didn't mean to have Dardan attacked in a previous incident.
Roman's cousin, Niko, arrives shortly afterwards and confronts Kalem and Bledar. Bledar orders Kalem to keep an eye on Roman while he deals with Niko. Niko beats Bledar up before Kalem attacks Niko as well, where Niko beats him up too.
- GTA IV
- Bleed Out (Killed)
- The Lost And Damned
- End Credits (Killed)
- Kalem means 'pencil' or 'pen' in most Middle Eastern languages.
- Unlike other criminals in GTA IV, including his associates, Kalem doesn't have an LCPD record.
- Kalem does not have a unique character model and instead uses a generic Albanian pedestrian model. The same goes for Preston Pecinovsky.
- Kalem's jacket is almost identical to the Albanian biker jacket unlocked in "I Need Your Clothes, Your Boots, and Your Motorcycle", but with a red sleeveline instead of black.
- Kalem may shout during his fight with Niko that he is a brother of Dardan. It is unknown if he means this figuratively or literally. It could be also possible that he may be a step-brother of Dardan.