- "K-Rose! Because if you spend more time with farm animals than with your wife, you have a lonely heart. And a nasty infection!"
- — K-Rose
- "A broken heart never sounded so good. Country and Western music broadcast from Bone County across the whole state of San Andreas. All of the biggest artists, all of the best music. With the Widow Queen of the Prairie, Mary-Beth Maybell."
- — GTA San Andreas Website
K-Rose pokes fun at stereotypical rednecks, with idents that imply incest, bestiality, drunkness and gun culture. The station is also proud of its cowboy identity, boasting "if this is what cowboys listen to, no wonder they invented the electric guitar!"
K-Rose's host, Mary-Beth Maybell, is a loud, obnoxious, opinionated Southern woman who expresses her views on marriage, sex and random topics such as plastic surgery. In-between songs, Maybell often provides various insights into her family life, often mentioning her nine children and the suspicious circumstances surrounding the deaths of her six husbands (she likes to think that Darwinism's "survival of the fittest" is also applied to marriage), and occasionally plays a harmonica "down south".
The station broadcasts from an unspecified location in Bone County.
- Mickey Gilley's "Make the World Go Away" is an anachronism, as it is featured on his 1999 album "Hits, Honky Tonks & More", despite GTA: San Andreas being set in 1992.
- K-Rose plays inside the Lil' Probe'Inn bar.
- After "Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man", Maybell claims she "has never been east of the Mississippi River", but after another song, she starts talking about belt buckles, and she says she "bought a huge one in Florida the size of a hubcap."
- In the mobile version and all releases since 2013, this station, SF-UR and CSR 103.9 are the only radio stations to retain all of their songs from the original game.
- During the San Andreas Anniversary Weekend, it was possible to find a T-Shirt with the K-Rose logo in the random Special Crate drops in Grand Theft Auto Online as a wearable piece of clothing for the multiplayer character.
- The Fergus Buckner Show FM - a country music radio station in Grand Theft Auto.
- Rebel Radio - a country music radio station in Grand Theft Auto V which also plays other songs from Jerry Reed and Willie Nelson.