John "Johnny Spaz" Barbosa was a 25-year-old Enforcer to the Pegorino Family, led by James Pegorino. He was the youngest Enforcer to the gang and his nickname is 'Johnny Spaz'. Barbosa had resided in Alderney City, Alderney. Johnny Barbosa is close friends with Luca Silvestri, working alongside him and Joe DiLeo for Ray Boccino.
Barbosa, along with the other members of his sub-crew (Luca Silvestri and Joseph DiLeo), was introduced in the Grand Theft Auto IV mission Taking in the Trash in which Ray sends Niko Bellic to assist them in picking up the Diamonds that Johnny Klebitz left in two Algonquin trash bags in the The Lost and Damned mission Diamonds in the Rough (which took place at the same time as the The Ballad of Gay Tony mission Frosting on the Cake). The foursome were ambushed by unidentified attackers (potentially Gay Tony associates), but escaped. After escaping, Barbosa, along with the other members, betrayed Boccino and Bellic by taking the money for themselves; but Niko killed them and reclaimed the Diamonds for Ray.
LCPD Database record
2001 - Grand Larceny
2002 - Possession Controlled Substance: Marijuana
2004 - Assault
2004 - Petit Larceny
- Involved in small time criminal activities.
- Believed to be trying to work his way up through the Pegorino crime family.
- GTA IV
- Johnny is notably the only one of the group (Luca, Tuna, and him) that has no speaking roles. If the player fails the mission Taking in the Trash by the means of Luca or Tuna dying, he says nothing to Niko and leaves the vehicle.
- According to game files, Johnny's beta name was Vinny.
- In Meltdown, Johnny uses an SMG and wears a brown jacket with a light brown sweater underneath, as well as black trousers and a belt.