Jay Norris is a minor character in Grand Theft Auto V.
As the founder and CEO of Lifeinvader, Jay Norris founded Lifeinvader in his parents' pool house in East Carraway and later made a fortune off selling the personal information of over a billion people who used Lifeinvader to corporations and the government.
Events of GTA V
In the mission Friend Request, under orders by Lester Crest, Michael De Santa plants a device in the prototype phone Norris was to present at a live televised keynote later in the day. As Norris unveils the phone, Michael calls it from his home which activates the explosive in Lester's device. While the explosion itself isn't very big, Norris was holding it right next to his ear when it exploded, killing him instantly.
Grand Theft Auto V
- Friend Request (Killed)
Grand Theft Auto Online
- He can purchase a collection comprising of an X80 Proto, a T20, and an Osiris from the GTA Online Protagonist.
- Norris appears to be a combined parody of Mark Zuckerberg, the co-founder and CEO of Facebook, as well as Steve Jobs, the deceased co-founder and sixth CEO of Apple.
- His backstory of creating LifeInvader in his parents' pool house is similar to Apple's beginnings with Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak building computers in Jobs' parents' house.
- Being a minor character, Jay does not have a unique model (apart from clothing), and shares his facial structure and hairstyle with hipster pedestrians seen around Los Santos.
- Lester on Bleeter said that Jay Norris's funeral will be "free, restricted access, minimal design, with guest-targeted advertising".